What else should I order with my new spec clutch kit?

Nino S

Established Member
Hey guy I am currently shopping around for a new clutch for my 2003 Cobra and after reading a couple threads and using that great little search button I have landed myself on the Spec stage 3+ clutch single disc kit offered by lethal performance. (http://www.lethalperformance.com/pa...mach-1-clutch-kit-stage-3-plus-26-spline.html)

I am also going to convert to the 26 spline input shaft that they offer from Liberty gears (http://www.lethalperformance.com/pa...erty-gear-26-spline-input-shaft-for-t-56.html)

I really need your help to lead me to which flywheel would be best for what I am buying and goals to do with the car. It is currently your everyday 470 RWHP Cobra but within the next year it will have a 2.6 KB on it and I am first trying to do all the upgrades to support my 700 RWHP goal. The car is not going to be a DD, but I do want to be able to drive it on a nice day and not have it be immpossible to slowly take off at a light with. It will most likely see at the most a track day once a month or every other month. It is mainly going to be used to play around on the street.

The past snake that I did was a big mess because I threw all my money to getting the car to 450 RWHP and then when everything else started to break (rear/tranny/etc) I did not have the money to fix it and my car sat for weeks until I could get the money to fix it. That was then and now I have a job that can support all my expensive hobbies.

So please tell me what flywheel to go with and what else you guys would do to have you tranny pretty much fully done ready to rock. What clutch quadrents/adjustors do you reccomend? Should I replace the throwout bearing and retainer sleeve while I have them doing the clutch? Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

O yea, the car has right abour 26500 miles and has only been pullied since I bought it at 24000 miles.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
So please tell me what flywheel to go with and what else you guys would do to have you tranny pretty much fully done ready to rock. What clutch quadrents/adjustors do you reccomend? Should I replace the throwout bearing and retainer sleeve while I have them doing the clutch? Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

O yea, the car has right abour 26500 miles and has only been pullied since I bought it at 24000 miles.
Yes, you should go with a Lethal or McCloud retainer sleeve and the clutch kit should already come with throwout and pilot bearings. The Fiore is probably the best quadrant/adjuster you can buy.

As for flywheels, the aluminum ones have been the most popular, but there's been a bit of a trend towards steel during the past year with the Spec 3+'s because they possibly launch a little harder at the track and they actually have a little better street manners. I have a Spec steel flywheel and am very satisfied. But there's others on here that are very happy with their aluminum flywheels as well. I would at least consider the steel flywheel Nino since you indicate you will be drag racing your Cobra quite a bit.

We have some great drag racing events in your area. Check them out here:

http://69.13.120.175/forums/showthread.php?t=452197

Users who are viewing this thread