What else should i do

cobrarob2345

Established Member
I am putting in msd coil packs and 9 mm ford racing wires along with NGK Iridium IX Performance Spark Plugs. Are these good spark plugs or should i go ford racing ones because my car only has bolt ons. I am also having them clean out the imrc at the same time . I was thinking of replacing the alternator as well with a chrome one. It is a Powermaster Alternator - 200 Amp Chrome (anyone have experience with these?). What else should i do at the same time as this that would be a good upgrade or maintainence at the same time? Any help would be appreciated

SN95snake96

Banned
What is the miles on the car? I run just autolite coppers in mine but thats me. use to mess around with the higher end ones didnt see money being spent well. Have a short throw? also whats your budget and goals for the car?

MustangMatt77

Established Member
Check the belt & the tensioner.
How long has it been since the radiator was flushed..........
Check the battery cables, especially the positive one, even if you have the felt pad or terminal grease, I had corrosion seep into the cable about 4 inches under the insulation, car would start but could not go over 3mph as it was totally screwing with my electrical system.

cobrarob2345

Established Member
Ya i have short throw and full exhaust already. Just did belt and tensioners . I have every bolt on possible and 3 73s but want to keep it up and running mint All i am doing is all the preventative maintenance i can so it runs great So why no on the coil packs because they are highly reviewed on am. And sorry whats are 764s and tr 6s.

GRUSE

Established Member
764s and tr 6s are spark plugs recommended by respected members on this forum.Check out these posts about MSD coil packs and Iridium and Platinum plugs.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...msd-coil-packs-fail&highlight=best+spark+plug
post #2 is from one of the top most modular engine gurus.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ugs-work-best/page2&highlight=best+spark+plug
This one recommends best spark plug and the reason why most choose copper plugs over platinum or Iridium plugs.

I'm not trying to discourage you on buying stuff.I almost bought both those items and a cold air intake but my research here and on other forums concluded none were worth it.

cobrarob2345

Established Member
cool man i definitely appreciate it as I know you guys know ur stuff compared to some of the knuckleheads who "feel" huge differences in power after installing anything on american muscle.

i8urSS

Established Member
I had the MSD coil packs on my 98 when I first got it and I was missing a lot under WOT. I switched back to OEM and haven't had any problems since. I would advise against the MSD.

Users who are viewing this thread