What else do I need to run E85?

Monster Stroke

No Traction
Established Member
So I searched around but didn't really come up with any definite answers.

I have an 03 Cobra with a KB boost a pump, Fore fuel rails and 60lb injectors.

What else will I need to run E85 effectively besides the tune?

Thanks for any help!

Monster Stroke

No Traction
Established Member
I don't really have a max number or goal in mind... I'd love to hit the 700hp mark but I really just want the maximum efficency I can get out of switching to E85 with minor changes to my setup... But if you tell me that a bigger pump or return style system with bigger injectors will get me a lot more power I'll probably go that route...

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
For 700 rwhp on E85, you're going to need a fuel system as the stock lines and pumps wont be able to support that type of power. You already have rails, but you'll also need 80 lb injectors for that power. If you're thinking that 700 up is going to be the upper limits, I recommend the 850rwhp fuel system, we can delete the rails for a credit.

Also, the fuel system won't make the car produce more power, but it will give the fuel volume needed to support more power if the engine can produce it.

Hope that helps, let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
I just went through this same exact thing. Same blower and all. Sell the 60 lb. injectors, and get 80's. You will need a full return style fuel system, count on needing the Walbro 400 lph pumps. At least -8 feed and -6 return lines. Not sure if everyone else needed this but I ended up having to buy a 200 amp alternator because the pumps would start to die at the top of the pull. I would also advise getting the system with the billet fuel hat. I had my tuner modify my stock hat and it sucks. My final numbers were 662 rwhp and 560 rwtq, with the 2.2 KB, some crappy exhaust and a ram air intake. No other power adders. With fuel rails and the billet hat, it should take some of the strain off the pumps. Send me a PM if you need anymore info, the work was just finished last month or so. Good luck.

Richie

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Monster Stroke,

Here is a link to the system I was referring to:

Lethal Performance 03-04 Cobra 850rwhp Return Style Fuel System [LP-0304COBRETURN850] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

The system include the DivisionX billet hat, Walbro 255 lph pumps (Stryker 340 and Walbro 400's also available), -10 feed/-8 return lines, Aeromotive ProSeries regulator, OEM style wiring harness, etc etc. Let us know if you have any questions about these systems. Your SVTPerformance member discount can also be used when purchasing our fuel systems, just use coupon code "SVTPERF" when checking out online or over the phone.

Thanks.

nycarpenter

Established Member
So I searched around but didn't really come up with any definite answers.

I have an 03 Cobra with a KB boost a pump, Fore fuel rails and 60lb injectors.

What else will I need to run E85 effectively besides the tune?

Thanks for any help!

You can mod your stock hat and run an 8 line feed and pull the cobra pumps and use twin gts along with a modified fpdm. This along with the bap wire upgrade and 80s will do 700 wheel using e85. Sell the 60s and the fuel rails as your stock rails can easily support 700+. JMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread