what else after stall reflash?

bhollie

Established Member
i got it back after getting the stall flash done and it worked for a few days and then started doing it again?
has this happened to anyone else?
is there a newer flash i can tell them about??
thanks

blwn88cpe

Established Member
What was the code or number for the flash they gave you? I just had mine done and it hasn't stalled yet. I have tried my hardest to get it to stall, but it will not. Hopefully, it will stay that way.

bhollie

Established Member
ttt

I think it was the original code,,,,,,SSM 17XXXX?? I also remember there being a newer SSM16XXXX but Im pretty sure they used the original code. do you have the numbers???? it doesnt say what code they used on my service invoice.

thanks bro.

03reptile

Established Member
The SSM code for the latest and last reflash is 17542. I have not heard of anyone having stalling problems after this reflash. If you have continued stalling, either they did not use the correct flash or there is another issue with your TPS or something similar. Hope this helps.

fordracing19

Established Member
I reflashed to the newest update the day after i bought my car. Didnt have a problem at the time but i work for a dealer. Now 6 month and 5k miles later it stalled 2 times yesterday when almost to a stop. Juwst hooked it up to the wds and no codes or newer updates avalible.

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
You probably have a bad IAC. Idle air control valve. On most Ford's that is the most common cause of stalling.

fordracing19

Established Member
I figure thats what it is. It just really sucks I cant fix it myself under warranty. We are a mazda/lincoln/mercury dealer and cant work on svt or diesels. I just hate to take the car across to Bill Utter ford.

Users who are viewing this thread