What Dumb Ass thing did you do to your Cobra today?

Tx_Diablous

I build them she drives
Established Member
Ok...I will start. Pulled engine and replaced all valve stem seals and check all I could to insure engine as it should be. Stabbed it all back in started it up all is great. Went to put the clutch cable back on and guess what.....the clutch fork is still on the bench....well shit. Pulling out the trans tomorrow dammit.:bash::bash::bash:

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Ok...I will start. Pulled engine and replaced all valve stem seals and check all I could to insure engine as it should be. Stabbed it all back in started it up all is great. Went to put the clutch cable back on and guess what.....the clutch fork is still on the bench....well shit. Pulling out the trans tomorrow dammit.:bash::bash::bash:

ouchh!!!

I broke an adapter today trying to break off a bolt

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Finished my damn shortrunner. Can't wait to install it tomorrow and go see if it made a difference!

Iso

Sounds fast
Established Member
ordered a bigger alternator pulley without checking to see if it will clear the blower pulley :idea:

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
I tired to hook my up my Autometer oil pressure gauge after two years of procrastination. Bought all the fittings yesterday took the oil feed line off for the s/c from the oil cooler/filter adapter and found out I didn't have all of the fittings that I needed so I had to hook everything back up until I get what I need this week so I can try again.

CJK440

Established Member
Didn't touch it even though I wanted to.

Lots of rain and it didn't need fixin.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Not my dumbass thing, but I went to relocate the transmission cross-member brackets for my T56 and found that the guy who I had install my subframe connectors, years ago, decided it would be a good idea to weld the brackets to the frame rails. And they're freaking hard welds, too. I quit working on it before I got too frustrated. I'm just going to have to find a smaller grinder/cut-off tool because the one I have is too big for such a small area. I think my Father has one out at his work that I'll be able to borrow.

Don't you love it when people just do things without asking you... :bored:

Last edited:

jgarrard

Established Member
Bought a 04. The dumb thing is that now im in debt. Maybe I will sell it and get myself back to debt free. I sure regret it.

jakesspv6

Established Member
pully broke off today and started grinding into my timing chain cover, ate the belt up, and almost overheated the new motors :(

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
I was helping a buddy install valve keepers ... and we dropped one down one of the oil return drains. Heard it clink as it hit the oil pan.

Jim Snover

harvboi05

Established Member
i had an AFR related intermittent stumble/hick-up last week. at varied engine loads and speeds. i spent two hours data logging and making cal changes before i realized i left the AC on, it was the compressor kicking on and off.

Users who are viewing this thread