What drag wheel size

XtremeSvt

Established Member
I have been looking at the Bogart D-10 for a big and little set up and wondering what size wheel and backspacing everyone is running. I prefer not to cut/girnd or use wheel spacers on anything if I don't have to. The 15in. wheels seem to have fitment issues so will 16in. wheels fit the car properly? Car info in sig. I plan on doing 4.10s and some 28x11.50 tires. Any comments are welcome.-Brandon

Last edited:

FOURCED

3 honks and I own you
Established Member
The wheels from Bogart are a direct bolt-on and fit perfectly. You'll just have to tell them what you drive when you order them ;-)

Fronts are 15 X 3.5" with a 1" spacer welded to the backside of the rim to clear the front brake calipers. Rears are 16 X 10 with a 6.5" backspace I believe... it might be 6" as I'm not 100% positive on that. You will need the Bogart lug nuts for the wheels as well.

Depending on where you get them you're looking at about 1400 bucks plus shipping for just the wheels... I wanted a set myself but never could justify the price of the wheels for no more than what strip duty my car sees. I bought a slightly used set of Weld Draglite XP's for the rear and a new pair of Draglite front runners for less than half of what a set of Bogarts cost. Hell even with the Hoosier's front and rear I still came out cheaper.

They are nice wheels though if you decide to buy them.

Shannon

FOURCED

3 honks and I own you
Established Member
XtremeSvt said:
Anyone have any idea if MT ET street 28x12.50-16 will work without rubbing issues?

Sorry for not getting back to you... been off the board for a day or so. Man how time flies it seems ;-)

That tire would fit perfectly on a 16 X 10... but in my opinion I'd rather run the Hoosier. I've ran MT's in the past... their drag radials work really good but I've heard hit/miss accounts of the ET Streets not staying consistent after some track passes in them. I'm not talking about them being worn out either. As far as fitment without rubbing your car would have to be at stock ride height in the rear or run coil-overs to tuck that big a tire and possibly "not" rub. Even at stock ride height I've heard of people rolling their rear fender lips to fit a 28" in there.

Hoosier also makes a 28 X 10.0 X 16 full slick that you have the option for... I know a guy in MD that runs this exact same tire on a Bogart 16 X 10 like you're wanting to get. He's still on the IRS in his Cobra and has cut a best of 1.49 60 foot time with that tire out back (but with a few suspension mods too) :-D

I run the 28 X 11.50 X 16 out back on my 16 X 8.5" rim... have not got to use the tires yet as the car is still on jackstands. I'll let you know how they hook after I get some seat time on them if you would like to know. It's probably going to be another month or so before I could get to the track... so keep that in mind ;-)

Shannon

Last edited:

XtremeSvt

Established Member
No problem with the return time, I have been away myself too for a while. My options on tires are still open at this point. The car currently rides on maximum motorsports springs and I have a 18x10.5 wheel w/ 295-35 tires and still have 1 1/2 inches of wheel gap and hope the setup will work like it is. I still have the original springs if I need to use them. Keep me posted on how your tires do for it will be a while before i can get the wheel/tire combo. The car is in need a clutch and shifter first.

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
FOURCED said:
That tire would fit perfectly on a 16 X 10... but in my opinion I'd rather run the Hoosier. I've ran MT's in the past... their drag radials work really good but I've heard hit/miss accounts of the ET Streets not staying consistent after some track passes in them. I'm not talking about them being worn out either. As far as fitment without rubbing your car would have to be at stock ride height in the rear or run coil-overs to tuck that big a tire and possibly "not" rub. Even at stock ride height I've heard of people rolling their rear fender lips to fit a 28" in there.

Hoosier also makes a 28 X 10.0 X 16 full slick that you have the option for... I know a guy in MD that runs this exact same tire on a Bogart 16 X 10 like you're wanting to get. He's still on the IRS in his Cobra and has cut a best of 1.49 60 foot time with that tire out back (but with a few suspension mods too) :-D

Shannon

+1 on the ET streets not being consistant! I just switched to the Hoosier drags from Ken & JR's recommendation...:beer: My car is not lowered so the 28x10x16 fit fine with no rubbing. Be prepared for some high rpm launching! These are the real deal....:rockon:

HooziersonCobra.jpg

FOURCED

3 honks and I own you
Established Member
Antex said:
+1 on the ET streets not being consistant! I just switched to the Hoosier drags from Ken & JR's recommendation...:beer: My car is not lowered so the 28x10x16 fit fine with no rubbing. Be prepared for some high rpm launching! These are the real deal....:rockon:

Yeah Ken was who I was referring to... really cool guy to talk with. Him and Jr. both speak on what they know from personal experience and they won't BS you as far as I know :)

You just barely got the 28" in there though... it looks really close. I have the QTP's instead of the Hoosier Drags... I hope using a DOT tire isn't going to hinder me any at the strip. I bought the QTP's as I do street drive my car for the most part (rarely get to the strip actually) and when I do go I have to drive my car on the wheels it will be raced on.

When I get my car finished up and to the strip... I'm gonna bring it up to around 6000 rpms, and dump the clutch with about 23 psi on a screw blower. I hope to God it hooks and doesn't break anything and I don't crap my pants from being scared too bad :dw:

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Antex said:

HooziersonCobra.jpg
Did you have to roll your fender lips? I just trial fitted My 15x10 Bogart D-10's with 28" MT DR's. I have Jacking plates with about another inch I can go up with the car, but I don't want that 69 Camaro look if I don't need it. I can fit 3 fingers between the tire and fender the way it sits now. I just don't want to gouge the tires on the launch. I have stock Bilstein shocks on it now, but just bought some lakewood 50/50 shocks I will be using also. What do you think?

TheJeanyus

Established Member
I'm looking for a drag setup also. Can anyone tell me what size Telstars or Prostars I would need to get and what it would take to make them fit?

Users who are viewing this thread