What does this mean???

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
I found this:

http://fusionunleashed.com/2005/articles/svt.update07nov.htm

When I first read the responses of the forum folks there, I thought, "wow, pretty harsh. What could elicit such a response?" Then I read the article. Is this true? Can Ford really be this incredibly stupid???
Anyway, since this is all about SVT, I thought this is relevant.
With this kind of circle logic, why don't they just cancel the Shelby due to high demand? Err, yeah, if it's true I would immediately sell all of my Ford stock, if I had any, and go buy some other mfr's car, because the end is near... :xpl:

91svtbird

Established Member
If this is true ,it's pretty scary. Does this mean that Ford's SVT division is that inept that they are incapable to produce enough to meet even a modest demand for their product ,or do they think that they need to keep numbers low for exclusivity? Either way it makes you wonder who's running the ship and what are they thinking and what are their capabilitys? After seeing what the dodge boys are doing lately and what GM has done with the new ZO6 ,all at reasonble prices ,you have to wonder .
The new Shelby is targeted to come in at around $40,000 which is great but if Ford lets their dealers jack up the price and give only to the highest bidder its an insult to all those loyal Ford buyers out there who have supported FMCO all these years and have waited for a car like this.
These are great days ,many of the car companys today are making fantastic products ,there is a lot to choose from. For those of us who bleed" Ford Blue" and have supported this company loyaly I hope we are not forced to stop the bleeding by looking elsewhere.
Ford's truck division has always been their bread and butter ,but it seems that they could do alot better with the car division [especially performance car divison] than they are doing. The potential is there but is the WILL to accomplish the task?

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
If true, I think that HTT's "plan" is to keep interest in the car as consumer interest might wane. So, say the line starts to see drops in sales, they roll out an "SVT" model to renew interest. The problem is that most people will not wait for 2-3 years to make a purchase ("I could be dead by then!!!"). D/C's strategy is to strike while the iron is hot and roll out the SRT's quickly after the new product hits the showrooms. Get the customer while they are emotional.
What do I think is wrong with HTT's strategy? I think his thinking is antiquated. Customers (and this is worldwide, no matter what business they are in) used to remain much more brand loyal. With the information age, many more people cross-shop brands, and therein lies the folley of HTT's strategy. If Ford won't produce a performance sedan (Fusion SVT), they see that Dodge- or someone else- will (Magnum, Charger, 300, and soon Challenger), they look into it, get interested, and buy the D/C.
Another thing that HTT's strategy fails to recognize is that enthusiasts like ourselves recommend vehicles to people all day. People constantly come to me asking for my opinion on this car or that car. The enthusiast usually recommends the brand he or she drives themselves. So, now you have a two-fold effect.
Finally, niche cars produce more showroom traffic. Sure, I can't afford the GT500. I'll stop down to the showroom to see it. Hey, I can pick up a nice GT Mustang, and pick up the air splitter...and buy stripes...
In this case, the consumer cannot afford the high-end car, but buys the next model down so that they may either modify it to emulate their favorite (while buying parts from Ford--more revenue), or hoping to trade-up in a couple of years (even more, repeat revenue for Ford).
So, in my long-winded approach, I see Ford cutting itself short by as many as 3 revenue streams, and pissing off alot of enthusiasts, too.
Now, I'll shut up...

Last edited:

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member
I think a lot of existing SVT purchasers are starting to wonder; "what the F?" I'm tellin ya H.T.T. ; dance with the ones what brung ya or your gonna get leftovers. :poke:

Users who are viewing this thread