what does "the tick" sound like?

XtremeAceX

Established Member
I had my cobra pulley'd with a 2.93, when i'm on the boost there's a quiet baby rattle kind of sound, is this "the tick" that i've heard about?

cobra is a 2003

moot09

Established Member
I had my cobra pulley'd with a 2.93, when i'm on the boost there's a quiet baby rattle kind of sound, is this "the tick" that i've heard about?

cobra is a 2003

Driver side or pass side? If its the driver side, around the back of the head than it prob is.

XtremeAceX

Established Member
Driver side or pass side? If its the driver side, around the back of the head than it prob is.

i can't tell ... i can only ever hear it when i'm driving and put it to the floor. it's not very loud, i first heard it when i got some bad gas, figured it was pre-detonating (i think i got low octane out of the 93 pump :nonono:) .. kept toppin it up with good gas when i could and it is quiet compared to before now.

moot09

Established Member
Dont quote me on this but it might have been pinging due to the bad gas. Look it up on youtube. Ive heard it in person and you can def tell.

fiveohfanatic

ITS STOCK I SWEAR
Established Member
Knocking

Sounds like the old term they use to use with old engines, spark knock, or what you know now as pre-detonation. Dont mess around with WOT, either dump the gas and get a fresh tank or drive it out and keep your foot off the throttle. If you hear it again it may be time for a re-tune.

Call your tuner up and ask, see what they recommend. Sounds to me though its probably a bad tank of gas.

Users who are viewing this thread