What does the latest K&N FIPK Look Like?

PARALYZER

Unatural Aspirations
Established Member
I still have the factory airbox but have a Kenne Bell. Its like drinking a Big Gulp thru a Coffee stirrer. Anyway. I see the kits for Cobras on sale on Ebay. Which is the latest version?

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Screw e-bay, unless you can find them NEW, and the K&N "aircharger" kit which they don't sell anymore would be a good buy. The only difference between the aircharger kit and the new FIPK is the donut adapter is made of plastic on the new "emissions friendly" one. I guess all parts of the intake must be recyclable to pass CARB.

Here's some pics of the K&N filter and AIRCHARGER donut (before they came out with FIPK/CARB approved model) next to stock diameter donut and Amazon Racing's OLD CAI filter design:

intakepic6.gif

intakepic4.gif

intakepic3.gif

BAD 97 WS-6 said:
I still have the factory airbox but have a Kenne Bell. Its like drinking a Big Gulp thru a Coffee stirrer. Anyway. I see the kits for Cobras on sale on Ebay. Which is the latest version?

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I'd rather have the plastic donut..Actuall I do. It will transmit less heatsoak to the intake charge.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Air is constantly flowing over it, so it doesn't get hot. I've opened up my intake after driving and it was cool to the touch, not hot at all.

HISSMAN said:
I'd rather have the plastic donut..Actuall I do. It will transmit less heatsoak to the intake charge.

Users who are viewing this thread