what does the fact that this will be the FIFTIETH Anniversary mean to you?

reason4treason

Established Member
I'm reading about the apparent squeeze to have a 2015 Mustang ready for the 50th anniversary and I'm wondering what that anniversary means to those of you who have had Mustangs for years and years and years, as well as how much celebrating on that specific date matters to you even if a 2015 is not ready then.

Being able to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of course means the car is still here and on that day people who love them will probably give more thought to how much they love them. The anniversary will no doubt fuel a lot of sentimental feelings and memories going back to people's first encounter with one, everything good, bad and ugly since then, as well as the issue of moving into the future, which having a new model would add emphasis to. But is there something special to YOU about that amount of years (50)?

I'm sure there will be lots of events and get-togethers to celebrate the love for the car and those events will be fun to look forward to and superfun to enjoy when that date gets here. And it's something that promotes profit making for Ford and dealerships.

How significant is 50 years to YOU aside from what you already think and feel about Mustangs?

Last edited:

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
The model year car will mean exactly what the 35th and 40th editions meant to me. Nothing at all. With that out of the way, its cool that the car has lasted this long AND remained relevant to itself like the Vette. These are cars that need no badges or even a manufacturer logo at that. You just know what they are and who makes it at first glance. Which is why its so important that the '15 LOOKS like a Mustang and not like something forgetable (even if it is "pretty") where people have to ask "what kinda car is that?". People see a Mustang, Vette, or 911 Porsche and naturally know what it is. THATS cool.

Lemers

Established Member
There being a 50th anniversary Special edition mustang means that dealers will over charge for a car that has nothing extra to offer except a special badge and maybe an exclusive color.

paynecasey

Established Member
I think if you get one without mark up it will be worth something in 50th years.

I honestly more excited about a new car all together and new direction.

reason4treason

Established Member
The model year car will mean exactly what the 35th and 40th editions meant to me. Nothing at all. With that out of the way, its cool that the car has lasted this long AND remained relevant to itself like the Vette. These are cars that need no badges or even a manufacturer logo at that. You just know what they are and who makes it at first glance. Which is why its so important that the '15 LOOKS like a Mustang and not like something forgetable (even if it is "pretty") where people have to ask "what kinda car is that?". People see a Mustang, Vette, or 911 Porsche and naturally know what it is. THATS cool.

a solution to a problem can be referred to as elegant which means 'pleasingly ingenious and simple.' if the 'problem' is the challenge of designing a new car, which the first Mustang was, IMO that word is definitely applicable to this car.

for example, the tail lights. there's still that three upright rectangles format and 48 and 49 years later the '13 and '14 tail lights are, IMO one of the best looking features of the car. rather than having become something that one might have gotten sick of decades ago, the latest iteration looks fresh as can be at the same time that it has an element of timelessness.

there can be great power in simplicity of design and in some ways, that's even more impressive than some multi-step, complex approach. I'd say that's largely because it's something that the overwhelming majority of people overlook just because they don't have the openness to be amazed by whatever just happens to be amazing because they get hung up in close-minded ideas of how things are 'supposed to be.' truly creative people seem to do more getting out of the way of conventional thinking and just let the magic flow.

50 years I think means that this car truly does have elements of magic and magic transcends the external differences that separate people and celebrates that which we all have in common. who can say for sure where creativity really comes from. it's intangible at the same time that it's the source of what manifests physically. it's almost like a great piece of music that you just feel free to enjoy without having to analyze.

specizripn

Established Member
Hmmm 50th anniversary, it would only be logical to add some DI, compression, and some more refinement and make the GT's 500hp 5L coyotes :banana:

01shakr

Established Member
What it means to me is that the car world no matter how it changes there has always been a mustang I still remember when I was fourteen years old seeing my first mustang , it was a red coupe , you have to remember I;m old now , but we had no internet , and car magazines were not available so me and my friends had to go the local ford dealer to see the car . No matter what car I was driving I always knew that I could drive a mustang , I have had four of them over the years and I'm happy that I can celebrate their fifieth anniversary with a new mustang . Brand X will never have a 50th anniversary . Des

Last edited:

snakecharmer

Established Member

Well stated. I'll reserve judgment till I see the final product, however I will say it concerns me that I see a lot of Fusion/Taurus styling cues in the spy shots. I needs to look like a Mustang, not generic Ford mommy-mobiles.

Users who are viewing this thread