What does everyone Data Log with ?

AlleyCat

Spray & Pray
Established Member
Im looking for a simple straight forward way to data log my passes on the track. I need a way to monitor my A/F ratio on my 01 cobra when on nitrous. I believe I am running to rich at WOT when spraying.
I want to be able to log my A/F , pull back into the pits and view my A/F on my Ipad/laptop/Iphone or on a handheld tuner if need be so I can rejet my fuel and get the proper a/f for whatever size shot im running.
What A/F gauge does everyone recommend and what kind of data logger is there out there to do so.

lowranger96

Established Member
Do you have an xcal tuner? I assume you do if you're running nitrous since you really should pull a couple degrees of timing out. If so.. you can use whatever wideband you want. I use an AEM uego and I've used the innovate MXT-L in the past as well. As long as the wideband of your choice has a 0-5v output you can wire it into the xcal tuner for datalogging. Then use Livelink to capture the data while going down the track.

You can also log with logworks if you have an innovate wideband. However, this only logs the AFR and nothing else.. so it's really kind of pointless.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I have a xcal3 tuner and a aeroforce wideband. I then used a firewire cable 6 pin which connects to the top of the xcal3. One end gets spliced and you have to connect some grounds a tie into the power source for your gauge. I use LiveLink genII and LiveLink 6.5. I usually log using the LiveLink 6.5 and then review it using the genII. This all may sound confusing, but it's not.

I can't provide some pictures if needed.

Blown38

Established Member
Quarter horse is great if you can use it. Which it looks like you can since cbrown is.

X4 is light years better than the x3. Uses the same firewire to feed the wideband into the x4.

Quarter horse requires a lap top in the car. X4 stores on device then upload to computer which is nice not having laptop in car.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread