What does a full bolt on 5.0 put down?

Lifted07Duramax

Established Member
Curious as to what a new 5.0 with exhaust, tune and intake puts down?

And then after doing all those what would be the next thing to do other than a power adder?
Can they reach 425rwhp?

murse

Established Member
Premium Member
local tuner near me gets around 412 rwhp and 399 rwtq with just cai, usually axle back exhaust and tune

he's gotten 447 rwhp and 410 rwtq by adding kooks lt headers and hi flow h pipe (along with the cai and axle back)
and his numbers are STD

Last edited:

BLK2012GT

Established Member
You really can't go by what dyno's say. They are used for a tuning device. The track is the real way on figuring out how much power you make.

But I have BBK long tubes, off road h-pipe, magnaflow catback, steeda CAI, Boss 302 manifold and a tune and I put down 425 rwhp SAE. STD numbers are about 440 or so. I haven't ran it at the track yet till I get some better tires then the factory 235's.

Lifted07Duramax

Established Member
So are these cars under rated? Because they are 412 stock right which would be like 355 at the wheels. So a tune, cai and exhaust is gaining 60-70rwhp?

BLK2012GT

Established Member
So are these cars under rated? Because they are 412 stock right which would be like 355 at the wheels. So a tune, cai and exhaust is gaining 60-70rwhp?

Mine bone stock dyno 383 rwhp and 379 rwtq. But like I said before dyno's are a tuning device. Every dyno is different. But from what i have seen on different forums and what bone stock cars are running in the 1/4 mile, yes these cars are under rated a bit.

Lifted07Duramax

Established Member
Mine bone stock dyno 383 rwhp and 379 rwtq. But like I said before dyno's are a tuning device. Every dyno is different. But from what i have seen on different forums and what bone stock cars are running in the 1/4 mile, yes these cars are under rated a bit.

What are descent drivers getting out of these cars in the 1/4 stock?
And then what are they doing with full bolt ons. No slicks though, just full bolt ons and street tires or DRs

BLK2012GT

Established Member
What are descent drivers getting out of these cars in the 1/4 stock?
And then what are they doing with full bolt ons. No slicks though, just full bolt ons and street tires or DRs

I've read and seen some time slips on forums that bone stock cars are running mid to low 12's and with basic bolt on with drag radials seen some mid 11's. Now if these are true or not I don't know. Never witness one with my own eyes just going off what I have read.

Lifted07Duramax

Established Member
I've read and seen some time slips on forums that bone stock cars are running mid to low 12's and with basic bolt on with drag radials seen some mid 11's. Now if these are true or not I don't know. Never witness one with my own eyes just going off what I have read.

I dont know what my vette runs but it has to be in the 11s if I drive it right. I pulled by a descent bit on a 06 GT with full bolt ons, 3.73 gears and a cam.

Lifted07Duramax

Established Member
Also how is it the Boss manifold can gain 25rwhp when the GT vs Boss is 412 vs 440. Doesnt the Boss gain that 28hp from the manifold, diff cam and a more aggresive tune?
Just wondering how people are getting 25rwhp by just throwing this on their GT

stang8psi

Established Member
Mine with Kooks headers, H pipe with cats JLT & a tune put down 442 RWHP & 419 TQ.

Std numbers... What were you sae? Probably in the 420 range.

Mine did 412rwhp and 390rwtq sae with BBR tune, off road x, hushpower axle back, roush cai.. std numbers were 438 rwhp and 415rwtq

Last edited:

ryan.garcia2733

Established Member
I had mine Dynoed at bbr and i have jlt intake boss manifold and off road x pipe and it put down SAE 432 rwhp 372 rwtq and std 444 rwhp and 382 rwtq after the dyno tune

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
I made 430/380 SAE with a Boss intake, Steeds CAI and Axle back. On a customers car.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread