what do YOUR tattoos represent to you?

SVTcobraGirl

Banned
a lot of people are stating they hate seeing "flash" art tattoos on people.. which i agree with. But how many of you have a story behind each tattoo? Here are mine: They have a LOT of personal storys behind them which i wont go into but you'll get an idea..

Nautical stars on the insides of each wrist. I went through some really BAAD times when I was 16-19 had a lot of problems cutting myself being depressed and stuf. I decided i needed somethin to stop me from that.. stars to me represent strength and hope and love. So i had those inked on the insides of my wrists so i couldnt cause any damage to myself.. seeing them made me think.

Mustang tattoo: Ive loved mustangs as long as i can remember. My father bought a 66 coupe and it was OUR project car. We worked every day together on that car.. without fighting or arguing over stuff like normal. My greatest memories with my dad is on that car. That lead to my passion for the cars.. i love all of them. And always will.

Kanji symbol for strength: This one is for my mother. She was diagnoised with kidney failure 7 years ago. For 6 years she went through pure HELL. Dialysis 3 days a week for 4 hours a day. It took a toll on her health.. badly. She couldnt be there for her kids when she felt she needed to be. This lead to her having episodes of kinda losing her mind..not being able to breathe other stuff... I remember her crying one night becuase she had to go to the ER and didnt wanna leave me and my brother home to worry about her. Shes the strongest woman I have EVER seen in my life. I love her to death. I got that one to remind me everytime i see it that how strong she was and that i can go through anything just fine if she made it through that. She got a kidney a year ago this month..the kidney took fine..but she damaged her tendon in her heel and couldnt walk for close to 9 months. I saw her cry many many times because she had to be waited on by her family and she hated it. It made me cry several times to see her like that.. shes now back to normal almost and doing great. Shes a very strong woman and i respect her so so much.

Band of pale green stars around my arm and a wild looking 3d star: I love stars as ive said.. they represent a lot to me personally. Love, Hope, Strength, everything that holds a person together in this life. So I do a lot of things with stars.

MPRT_H8R

Established Member
SVTcobraGirl said:
a lot of people are stating they hate seeing "flash" art tattoos on people.. which i agree with. But how many of you have a story behind each tattoo? Here are mine: They have a LOT of personal storys behind them which i wont go into but you'll get an idea..

Nautical stars on the insides of each wrist. I went through some really BAAD times when I was 16-19 had a lot of problems cutting myself being depressed and stuf. I decided i needed somethin to stop me from that.. stars to me represent strength and hope and love. So i had those inked on the insides of my wrists so i couldnt cause any damage to myself.. seeing them made me think.

Mustang tattoo: Ive loved mustangs as long as i can remember. My father bought a 66 coupe and it was OUR project car. We worked every day together on that car.. without fighting or arguing over stuff like normal. My greatest memories with my dad is on that car. That lead to my passion for the cars.. i love all of them. And always will.

Kanji symbol for strength: This one is for my mother. She was diagnoised with kidney failure 7 years ago. For 6 years she went through pure HELL. Dialysis 3 days a week for 4 hours a day. It took a toll on her health.. badly. She couldnt be there for her kids when she felt she needed to be. This lead to her having episodes of kinda losing her mind..not being able to breathe other stuff... I remember her crying one night becuase she had to go to the ER and didnt wanna leave me and my brother home to worry about her. Shes the strongest woman I have EVER seen in my life. I love her to death. I got that one to remind me everytime i see it that how strong she was and that i can go through anything just fine if she made it through that. She got a kidney a year ago this month..the kidney took fine..but she damaged her tendon in her heel and couldnt walk for close to 9 months. I saw her cry many many times because she had to be waited on by her family and she hated it. It made me cry several times to see her like that.. shes now back to normal almost and doing great. Shes a very strong woman and i respect her so so much.

Band of pale green stars around my arm and a wild looking 3d star: I love stars as ive said.. they represent a lot to me personally. Love, Hope, Strength, everything that holds a person together in this life. So I do a lot of things with stars.
sounds like you have alot, have any pictures of them?

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
They mean nothing to me. I never had the desire to deface nature's work of art.
Or I'm just boring like that.
Or I am scared, it looks painful.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Well, my wife and I got tattoos on our honeymoon, so that is one reason I got it. It also represents our astrology symbols. I am going to some how incorporate symbols around it some how for each anniversary.

1020550484_l.gif

We are both Cancers. She got a 2 crabs and a fish(our little girl is a Pisces) for hers.

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
WireEater said:
LOL, that's what most people think. I usually get looks from woman the most... probably think I am some kind of disgusting perv, or it turns them on.

Lol...

It looks like some sort of badass spider on your leg. Im diggin it.

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
my tattoo symbolizes good luck to me. Back in the day sailors used to get starts tattooed for good luck but I instead got a compass rose.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
SVTcobraGirl said:
a lot of people are stating they hate seeing "flash" art tattoos on people.. which i agree with. But how many of you have a story behind each tattoo?

I got this tattoo when I still lived up North. I had it done in memory of Sept 11, 2001. It was a horrific few days. I responded to the New York Waterfront to triage patients as I was still on medical leave from the D.O.J. after an on-the-job incident. I lost five very close friends that day and about another 10 people I knew on a first name basis.

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
ive got a small four leaf clover on my chest, i got it St. Patricks day last year, my family is all irish, and my little brother William died St. Patricks day 1996(10 years before the tatoo) he would have been 17 on april 6th.

Users who are viewing this thread