What do you want in the next mustang?

DrYeRLiNt

Horse From Hell
Established Member
Here is what I want in the next mustang, and you guys post your choices as well!

(btw this is GT and up)

A new powerplant! We've reached the pinnacle of the 4.6 and I imagine they're pretty much there on the 5.4 too. Can we ever see an aluminum 6.0+ in a mustang? I doubt it. Hell bring back the windsors! a 427 windsor based aluminum motor in the high performance mustang? *drool*

LOSE THE RETRO! It worked, but they better not try to keep going with it! It can only work once.

Standard Features:
Digital Speedo. This will give it that "futuristic" edge that ford needs!!!

A nice interior. They've had the 94-04 too long and then 05+ was a step back.

Optional Features:

IRS vs Solid. I want this to be an option so we can choose!

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I want REAL analog sweep gauges that have sending units instead of just "idiot gauges" that read "ok" constantly.

Ford needs to take note from GM and the 'Vette as far as interior finishes/grains and reduction in number of visible panels. The smoother/cleaner look adds a bit of elegance.

Lose the "tacked on" front door speaker grilles.

I'd like to see a blue that is lighter than Vista; less purple-toned than Sonic; but darker than Windveil....more of a Royal Blue.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
A pushrod motor...Something that is capable of power without adding F/I. A 5.4 pushrod motor would be excellent. Bring back heads and cam!

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
I agree with pretty much everything you have mentioned above in the 1st post. I think they only reason they keep trying to be conservative with the motor is to keep cost down because thats number 1 at any company really but Im sure their are ways to get around that.

A 5.4 would be nice in the GT and put a 6.0 in the GT500 because I believe they are going to produce those for 5 more years correct me if im wrong because Im not 100%. The windsor motors would be awesome in a mustang with some new edge features.

An IRS/Solid option would be great because it would give people a better choice obviously for drag or road course not having to swap your IRS for a solid or vice versa.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
The more I think about it the more I'd like to see independent OPTIONS come back.

Especially regarding colors and interior color combinations. A REAL tan interior (leave out the gray 'contasting' shit Ford ALWAYS does)...

They might as well make the FRPP "packs" an option set on the GT. I know the Shelby GT is already using them; but let the regular GT atleast have the handling and mufflers.

Adam.L.

Established Member
I'd like more women and firearms in my next Mustang.

But in all seriousness - I agree with that guy ^ up there that suggested more power and less weight. I really don't even care much about the additional power. I'd like to see a new design capable of being lightweight and rigid. I can add power myself. That's it.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
1. More Power, bigger motor: 5.0, 5.8, 7.0 :burnout:
2. Shave some weight
3. I actually like the way the S197s look, interior and exterior, only do a few cosmetic changes for the 2009 model.
4. Like the idea about IRS or Solid Axel
5. 6 Speed for the GT
6. Put some wider tires on the the car. 235 suck.

SpectorV

Established Member
How about what I DONT want... I DONT want a mustang that weighs 4000lbs... hell I want one below 3500 or less... at LEAST and thats the GT convertible version im talking about.

I dont see push rod comming back... many will see it as less refined and a step backwards... so do not expect that :(

Last edited:

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
A more modern suspension and better brakes would be great...+1 on an improved interior as well.

SVTContique

Hardtop convertible, PROJECTORS... they ARE NOT hard to put in cars and make loads of difference in lighting.

5.4V8 instead of the 4.6.

Bring back the Mach 1 and Bullitt and dont make them dealer sticker packages.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
IMO

We all know the 05+ style will have a revised front end, that is more modern.

1) Keep the V6 Setup how it is, maybe give it at least 250 ponies to keep it in line with the other competitors V6.

2) 4.6L 4v N/A setup, IRS out back (the 05's were designed for IRS, unlike the SN95 which just got it as an afterthought with a chassis not designed for it), making a minimum of 350hp. Priced at 22k MSRP (so ~25k out the door)

3) Upper Level GT - 4.6L (or 5.4L) SC'd setup thats the same combination used in the 03/04 Cobra, 6spd+IRS. this shouldnt cost much to achieve, all the R&D is already done from the 03/04 cobra, just take that setup, install in new mustang, sell. Priced at 25k MSRP (~28k out the door)

4) Next-Gen Cobra - Lose the GT500/Shelby crap. Call it what it really is, not what its trying to be. however id like to see two versions, a IRS Equipped version with a great suspension setup for turning, and a Solid Rear version with a great straightline setup. wheel and tire combo's sized appropriately for either application. Priced at 35k MSRP (~40k out the door)

Last edited:

CleanCobra

The Anti-Bling
Established Member
meaner looks, more power, less weight, fatter tires, 6 speed manual.

A "GTS" version would be cool - a stripped V8, manual, cloth interior only, manual locks, windows, mirrors, no spoiler/fogs etc Only option being AC. Nice and cheap.

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
Dodge did it right by putting the HEMI with standard 400+HP in their trucks and cars, FORD needs something the same and a pushrod with aluminum block and heads with a bigger displacement. This standard 300hp GT mustang is not going to be able to keep up with Camaro. We need something that comes hard right out of the box with no aftermarket parts.

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
no More Pussy V-6 Mustangs, I Don't Care If Its More Affordable, Its An Embarassment, Spend The Extra Cash And Get A V-8.

JiggaStyles09

Established Member
definitly a higher displacement motor, which from all the rumors we will be getting. however its needed sooner, rather than later. from what i have read the new BOSS motors wont be here until '10 or even '11. to fill the time gap we really need the 5.4L boss special edition that ford has been thinking about. unfortunately its been months since i have heard any new rumors about the SE boss so im thinking it might be cancelled. :shrug:

(hopefully) assuming that the boss is still a possibility i dont see why ford couldnt bring us one to the table with ~380-400hp for about $35000 (in the middle of the GT and the GT500. then we would actually have something that could compete with the likes of the new camaro (till the new BOSS motors make it out) and also we would have a special edition that is a worthy sucessor to the '01 bullitt and '03-'04 Mach 1 rather than the FRPP boringness that ford is giving us now. the shelby GT is a GREAT looking car but way overpriced IMO, and the upcoming bullitt sounds like just a FRPP upgrade that isnt very "special" to me.

ah well, we will see in time.

Users who are viewing this thread