What do you think the next Gen GT500 will be?

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Or a combination of cylinder deactivation and dual injector (similar to the GT). Maybe super small injectors for cruising/light load, and some fat bastards for when you force the throttle through the floor. Couple that with the cylinder deactivation and I don't see why 30 mpg isn't possible.

SGL

Banned
03gobluecobra said:
They could consider going to a battery in the trunk. Even my cobalt has a battery in the trunk, and that's an ecomony car. Even the lower model cobalts have batteries in the trunk. It wouldn't be hard to do, wouldn't cost a whole lot more, and can even be applied to all other mustangs with benefits you can't argue against.

I speculate that the battery was moved to the trunk to improve crash performance. Not weight balance.

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
serpentnoir said:
I speculate that the battery was moved to the trunk to improve crash performance. Not weight balance.

You may be correct, but that would be just another reason why to move the battery to the trunk.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I dont really care what they so long as they lose allot of weight! PLEASE!!!
Find it somewhere but put the bitch on a major diet!

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member
19COBRA93 said:
Or a combination of cylinder deactivation and dual injector (similar to the GT). Maybe super small injectors for cruising/light load, and some fat bastards for when you force the throttle through the floor. Couple that with the cylinder deactivation and I don't see why 30 mpg isn't possible.
Wouldn't that cause a catastrophe with a supercharged engine and a lean condition?

BLUE OVAL NUT

RAGING PONYCAR DRIVER
Established Member
Grenade said:
Hopefully the fast Mustangs will keep coming. But it might be like 1971 now, with the bottom about to fall out. I hope not.
I was thinking the same thing , i hope that we don't have what happened then or what happened with the early/late 90's asian performance cars (ie) Supra/300zx/RX7/3000gt/etc the price's were too high and the insurance !!! :rollseyes With gas price's what they are it may happen that power will stay the same or dwindle. Just don't give us another mustangII/cobraII fix :loser:

earl lee

Established Member
I dont think it will fall out I just think the cobra is done as far as gaining more hp. I dont see ford going over 500, thats pushing it already.

Were at a time where family sedans are coming standard with a min of 300 hp. The only thing ford can do now to improve is to work on interior refine and suspension to get up there quality onpar to any of the japanese or euro cars.

Users who are viewing this thread