What do you think of MystiChrome?

sbc.cobra

HUWHAT!!!
Established Member
i'm not a fan of it. too much "busyness" going on w/ the paint job. i heard the paint is $1000 / gallon....wow.

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
I think it looks great in pictures. The Old Mystics look awesome. However, I would NOT feel comfortable driving it, ANYWHERE... Any dumbass can screw it up, ie, buggies, parking lot dings, rocks, bird shit... heh, well the bird shit wont screw it up, but it will make you want to join the NRA.

Anyway, I like the paint. It looks BA.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Does anyone remember the Mystic Gold they were supposed to do in 2000? Now that was a bad-azz color!!
The Mystichrome is ok...just not for me.

03SLOBRA

Trollin aint easy
Established Member
I like it a lot, although I feel I'll probably not get it due to obscene markups and limited availability. But I'd love to have it. I too agree to drive it everyday and abuse it at a track probably isn't a good idea. So I may be going with a used 03 of any color or a new sonic blue or black coupe, so I don't feel guilty beating on it at a track and modding it!

Brad

Banned
I think the color shifting interior puts it way over the top, its not for me.

Plus the exterior color is a little feminine if you ask me.

ShelbyKid

It sounds stock..
Established Member
I love the way the 96's look, but i'd have to see an 03 in person to really decide. I think the old "rounder" body style was a little more "feminine" looking than the 99-up mustang body which has a bit more edges to it. The 03 Cobra is just a tough looking car and the green in the mystichrome is what i'm not sure I like. If it only shifted dark blue/purple/black then it would look better IMHO. I'll be ordering a 04 as soon as I can preorder them and will consider the mystichrome, but doubt I can get one at the Z/D plan price I will be purchasing my snake at. Dear old dad just got hired by Ford last week working for an SVT dealer :beer:

I do think that it will be a collectors car though. So I might just buy one to sell before I get the 06/07 Cobra. That is what I really want. It will complement dads 67 GT500 picture thats in my office now:)

Rob

itpphoto

Established Member
I saw the Mysticgold at a car show awhile back, and I'm not a fan of gold but it really looked cool. Funny thing was the Ford Rep that was there said there was no way it was going to be produced because of a change over on the paint line, even though the literature would lead you believe that is was.
Now about the current color, it looks OK, I'd be scared to drive it and think it would be better if purple was dominant. Plus I'm certain it will be way over priced. I'll just be happy with my DSG.

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Nice, but not my bag.
I'd like to see a gray based one.

frank3si

Established Member
I saw it unveiled last week in person, and didn't fall in love with this shading. Kind of murky or something, I guess. But that could just be my taste - the blue/green spectrum isn't my fav, and the whole paint/interior shade shifting seems just a bit too much. I tend to favor the simple metallic stuff, which is why I dug Sunburst Gold on my 2000 GT, and the way-stealthy DSG on my Cobra now. If I really wanted to call attention to myself, I'd go order a Mach 1 in the new Competition Orange :eek:

Frank

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
Even though I haven't seen the mystic interior, it's a bit much for me. They should have developed a new multicolor paint scheme to create more buzz. Anyway, I'll pass.

OverToad

Established Member
Several thoughts, all of which may get me flamed, hehe.

We have many mystic Cobra's around here. Quite frankly, I always found the color to be "muddy."
Now compared to the old mystic, I like the new mystic more. However, I don't think a muscle car should have a gimmicky paint job. Sure, you can have professional photographers take awesome pictures, but when it's in my driveway, all I'll see is a "muddy" paint job.
God forbid what happens when it's time to fix some dents or scratches. Go back and find threads on other boards regarding the horror stories of mystic owners who had to jump through incredible hoops just to get their paint fixed.

Sorry, to me, it's a gimmick, and our Cobra's, being serious muscle cars, shouldn't be made into a gimmick.

Users who are viewing this thread