What do you think of my 5.0 mag. New Edge archive so far?

lasercobra

No SVT
Established Member
I plan to put a message asking people to not link to my site and to go easy on the bandwidth, but for now it's a work in progress. I have all mags from 99-06 plus some Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords. I'm scanning in all New Edge related articles, be it tech or a feature ride.

Oh- and no adds. :D I removed them... :beer:

http://memphissushi.com/magazines/

Thoughts?

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
I think it looks good - but there is a problem that you need to be made aware of. It has to deal with copyrights (I know, same ole crap that makes it tuff to have any fun). But since the 5.0 mag sells back issues, the stuff you are posting on your site could effect their marketability - and result in a nasty phone call from the home office's legal department. Sorry to burst your bubble as I know you've probably spent hours on that stuff... just thought I should give you a heads up. In actuality they might leave you alone - but the bigger that archive gets the more likly they will take notice.

lasercobra

No SVT
Established Member
Of course that thought crossed my mind but I'm not too concerned at the moment. It's intended only for this forum, it's only New Edge articles (basically one article out of every 5 issues), and the burden is on them to proved I had an impact on their ability to sell back issues. I did plan to link to their site with a message "if you like this article, the magazine is available for purchase here[/]"
More then anything I would expect an email or letter saying "stop that". Whether it's nasty or nice is of no consequence to me. I could be naive on the subject but I’m a small fish not worth the effort. At any moment I could password protect the directory and kill all access to it.

Thanks again for you opinion and facts. I will not take it lightly.

lasercobra

No SVT
Established Member
I'm trying. This new born of mine keeps me really tied up. I try to scan 3 a week at the very least. You should see all the magazines I have laying around. LOL! This could take a while.
I'm closely monitoring my bandwidth usage. I get 2GB a month and on average I'm using 500+MB. Not sure if this will put me over the edge or not.

lasercobra

No SVT
Established Member
Just added more content:

Fix wheelhop
First look at the 99 cobra
JBA shorty header install
Details on the 01 Cobra and dyno comparision to the 99
ETC--

Tontate

Hardly Posts Anything
Established Member
I just spent my morning reading all of them! Good job! I better get back to work now.. Thanks :beer:

lasercobra

No SVT
Established Member
Awesome!

Thanks! That's what I'm doing it for. More to come. Still have about 35 mags to scan...maybe more and that's just the 5.0 mags.

Users who are viewing this thread