What do you think about Diablo Trinity?

lsp408

Established Member
All the vendor have SCT X3 and CAI combo deal, but how come now one has trinity with JLT combo? I would like to have a tuner that also can display some information of car. I don't know if SCT livewire will support 2011 GT in the near future, and the touch screen xtreme price tag is a little much for my wallet.

Looks like trinity maybe the way to go. anyone who has trinity can you please share your thoughts on this product?

I am thinking about get it from AM since they sell it with their customer tune.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I had a Trinity for the SVTP F-350 and quickly sent it back. It locked up while loading a tune and turned the truck into essentially an 8000 pound lawn decoration. It took several tries to force the stock program back onto the ECU. Foolishly, I tried it once again with the exact same result. I then purchased an SCT Livewire and had zero issues. While talking to the Diablo reps I got the feeling it wasn't the first time they had heard of someone having this experience.

lsp408

Established Member
That is something I do not wish to happen to me. I understand nothing is perfect. but this story will make me think more and do more research before I get trinity. If SCT release livewire for 2011 gt tomorrow, I will buy it.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Honestly I doubt you'll drive around with the tuner plugged in to watch the data come in. It just gets in the way. You may want to look into the SCT TSX 2. That should be fun when it drops.

kevinp

Established Member
you can log with the SCT SF3 and display quite a few things as well. You can also use it with a laptop using livewire.

2011 is a little buggy though, sometimes the data skips and the graphs in livewire dont overlay properly. But it does work, I'm sure in time it will work better, hopefully :)

Not sure exactly what you are looking to see while driving, but the SCT has enough internal memory to log a fair amount of time and you can play it back as well.

Users who are viewing this thread