What do you think? $600 for a Powerdyne?

FliteQH

FOXY5OH
Established Member
HI,

I ran into a friend of mine tonight. He is 18 no license no nothing. He has had this supercharger laying around for a while now and tonight I said "just sell it to me for $600" and to my suprise he said yes! To be honest, I wasn't expecting to be in the market for one so soon (just rebuilt my car last winter and was going to leave it as it stands for a while.) I haven't really done any research to influence my decision, but $600 for everything is pretty damn good. So I need some help. Suggestions, pros, cons, etc.... He told me that the supercharger is capable of 8-10lbs. I do know that for these, that they are not capable of putting out more than 10 with upgrades. But, I want opinions and such... I trust you guys! :thumbsup:
Thanks!

94gtpony

Established Member
hey i've got a powerdyne myself, i am assuming you mean its a bd-11 head unit (belt driven as opposed to their gear driven blower). well i have one in my basement also and am going to put it on in the future. just bought the car, and did lots of research on powerdyne. as long as it is in good condition go for it, just know that you CAN'T run more than 9lbs on the street without throwing the internal belt or some bearings. people don't understand that this supercharger was not meant for serious power and they try running more boost, overspin the blower, and then things go boom. there is a conversion factor for rpms and what not, but the blower has a max internal rpm, and pushing more than 9lbs pretty much maxes it out and the belt gets heatsoaked and then snaps when under pressure. you can end up getting better replacement belts for cheap, but still shouldn't run high boost. its a good blower for little money, hope that helps.

FliteQH

FOXY5OH
Established Member
Hey, thanks!
9lbs of boost is plenty for me. It'll probably sit for a while until I get the parts I want to change. I need better flowing heads & intake and of course upgraded goodies that are needed. Thanks for your input... I figured I better buy it up while he wants to sell it for the kinda money. :)

Users who are viewing this thread