What do you spend on groceries per month?

PIPO

Established Member
Breakfast - oatmeal or mixed fruit smoothie with ginger root and kale

Lunch / dinner - brown rice with any legume (lentils, beans, chickpeas, etc..) mixed with a lot of veggies (carrots, zucchini, squash, broccoli, cauliflower, red cabbage, onions, garlic, bell peppers, jalapeños, spinach.
- Spaghetti squash filled with grilled veggies and tofu
- Mexican bean burritos with rice and veggies
- spaghetti Alfredo
- pizza
Lots 12 lbs and I’m living proof that a six pack is made in the kitchen. Cause I don’t do shit for them.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn. I’m guessing 500-600 a month at Walmart just for me. Don’t eat out often at all.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
I eat out a lot as well. But quality food isn't cheap. Produce is expensive. A person can fill up a grocery cart with junk food and the bill doesn't add up as fast. Meat, chicken and produce goods add up fast.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Blown 89

Established Member
I eat out a lot as well. But quality food isn't cheap. Produce is expensive. A person can fill up a grocery cart with junk food and the bill doesn't add up as fast. Meat, chicken and produce goods add up fast.
Produce at Costco is usually priced well and the quality is heads and shoulders better than the grocery stores. I always check the origin before buying as we get a lot of produce from Chili and it's usually terrible. Mexico puts out the best produce outside of California IMO. Their frozen veggie prices can't be touched unless you there is some crazy sale that piggy backs with coupons but stores are coordinating coupons and sales better than they used to so the insane deals you could get pre-internet don't seem to happy anymore.

Meat is a budget killer.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Produce at Costco is usually priced well and the quality is heads and shoulders better than the grocery stores. I always check the origin before buying as we get a lot of produce from Chili and it's usually terrible. Mexico puts out the best produce outside of California IMO. Their frozen veggie prices can't be touched unless you there is some crazy sale that piggy backs with coupons but stores are coordinating coupons and sales better than they used to so the insane deals you could get pre-internet don't seem to happy anymore.

Meat is a budget killer.
Cool, we don't have a Costco around here. I usually buy a 1/4 beef at a time from people I know.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Mackey

Established Member
Talking groceries specifically.. We've been spending $200 a month between the two of us. We've spent a lot of time travelling December through February (skiing).

Restaurants though... a lot.

Now that we are at a shelter in place advisory, I'll have to update this figure..

Geno-04

Established Member
Family of 3, $1,000 plus not counting the Costco bill.....I thought it was normal but after seeing others in this thread I’m not sure anymore.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Family of 3, $1,000 plus not counting the Costco bill.....I thought it was normal but after seeing others in this thread I’m not sure anymore.
This is insane. $1k/month on top of costco, that's a mistake right?

There aren't very many things that you can't get at costco. How on Earth are you spending 1k on 3 mouths ON TOP OF COSTCO?

Sent from my SM-N975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Rct851

Established Member

dont sweat it. Homie on page two has a nutrigrain bar for the entire breakfast lol.

My best guess for myself and my girlfriend is $600 from the grocery store and I’d assume about the same on eating out.

Users who are viewing this thread