What do you guys think?

01s281

Established Member
I have been looking for a 94-98 cobra project for a while and I found this one. I am looking for something that needs some work but I am not looking to buy a piece of junk. Anyways here it is:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/car/623562685.html

I talked to the guy and the motor is out of the car. It basically needs a new short block. The car used to be red, all door jams and under the hood were painted black. He said the paint was in good condition with some minor flaws.
Does this look like it is something I should stay away from?

Chrome98Cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
I wouldnt buy it..Ive seen a few good deals on 96-98 Cobra's with blown motors which would be perfect for a porject..
Just keep looking...

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
I'd start by asking for the VIN #. I can't imagine why someone would replace the Cobra front bumper cover with a standard Mustang bumper cover. As far as the "GT40 upper & lower intake," hmmmm ... does he mean GT40 heads? Anyway, the Cobra comes standard with GT40 heads. I'd get a lot more photos, too. Engine bay, interior (Cobra specific), etc. JMO

LOL ... I was still typing, too!!!!

BTW, the third brake light looks like it's in the rear deck lid, instead of in the spoiler, like a '95 Cobra.

Last edited:

98cobradan

Established Member
And two other things, if u look closely at the truck lid there is no "svt" emblem,u can see the ford one thats it and those brakes just look way to small to be cobra brakes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread