What do you guys think of this verdict?

jmk97GT

Established Member
No prison time for fatal WL prank

After fatally shooting his friend during an alcohol-fueled prank last August in West Lafayette, Cory S. Lynch voluntarily sought counseling for alcohol-related issues.

The former Purdue University student vowed Friday morning in Tippecanoe Circuit Court to "live a life of God" from now on. Lynch, 23, has decided to never drink alcohol again, according to his Indianapolis-based attorney, James Bell.

They were among several mitigating factors cited by Judge Don Daniel, who sentenced Lynch on Friday to two years on community corrections -- some combination of work release, house arrest and day reporting -- and one year on supervised probation.

That means Lynch, who pleaded guilty in January to reckless homicide, a Class C felony, won't spend a day in prison for killing 21-year-old Landon Siela.

"I never thought I would see a case where somebody dies and somebody doesn't go to prison," Daniel told Lynch. "I don't believe putting you in prison would accomplish anything for anybody."

The shooting took place on Aug. 22, 2009, at 204 Wiggins St. in West Lafayette, where Lynch had been living with Siela's longtime friend, William Calderon.

It was two days before classes began for Purdue's fall semester.

Link: No prison time for fatal WL prank | jconline.com | Journal and Courier

This happened just before fall classes, and I find it unbelievable he will get no jail time.

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
i have seen worse things and they walked away with just a slap on the wrist, if i remember correctly one of the stupidest was a vehicular homicide and they got 3 years probation

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread