What do you guys think about my Tune?

WildFifty

Established Member
So I've owned the car since 2009 and when i bought it the first thing i did was get it tuned. The car has been pretty much unchanged and logged about 20k miles since.

Looking at the dyno sheet from back then the car made 531hp 507tq and it shows that the max A/F lambda was 0.867 (12.8 AFR) and average lambda was 0.823 (12.1 AFR). Max boost was 17.5 psi and average boost was 16 psi.The RPM ranged from about 2400 to 6500.

Do these number seems a bit aggressive on the AF side? From reading online most say that conservative tunes usually aim between 11.5 to 11.8 AFR. I am not sure if that is based on Peak or Average AFR.

I am thinking more along the line of longevity with the car now since i don't drive it as often and do minimal race events etc.

Let me know what you gurus think. Thanks

Setup:

Stock Motor
Steggy Ported Stage III
2.8 upper 4lb lower
60lb injectors
KB BAP
2400 MAF
LFP heat exchanger

IMG_0061.jpg

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
I would say that's really lean, but it depends on where they took the reading and if you have cats. I've been told there will be about a half of a point difference between taking the reading up by the engine vs at the tail pipe.

Tunes don't change. If you want throw it on a dyno and get it checked out. At least you'll have peace of mind.

WildFifty

Established Member
I would say that's really lean, but it depends on where they took the reading and if you have cats. I've been told there will be about a half of a point difference between taking the reading up by the engine vs at the tail pipe.

Tunes don't change. If you want throw it on a dyno and get it checked out. At least you'll have peace of mind.

Thanks for the feedback 01yeller,
I have a bung welded on the mid-pipe before the cats. Its probably 15-20 inches away from the heads on the drivers side. Should be a pretty accurate spot from what i have read.

Should i be more worried about average AFR or peak AFR?

01yellercobra

Established Member
That placement sounds a lot better. What does your wideband show when you get on it?

Honestly I have no idea. I usually look at the A/F throughout the run. I guess the peak would bother me the most. But you'd have to see where it happened. 12.8 at tip in isn't as bad as 12.8 at 6000rpm at full boost. But it could also be the start of it going lean after he got off the throttle.

I'm guessing the bottom line is the A/F. If it is it could use some clean up IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread