What do you guys think about "Camber"?

CamdZ06

Established Member
I'm sure this question has been asked many times. I've been seeing lots of these "illest" and "Hellaflush" cars and don't get me wrong, everyone has their own taste and i think being slammed looks nice sometimes but too much camber is just ridiculous. I don't mind it when it's MINIMAL and haven't really researched it but I assume that it sacrifices performance when it's too much. I've been seeing lots of these cars around lately and there are so many people that thinks it's the best thing to ever do to a car. I'm kinda tired of people talking about how cool it is. The cars look like spaceships from behind. What do you guys think about it?

Here is when it's ok in my opinion, My brother has a similar setup on his STi

Stephen_Burke_Subaru_STi_2.jpg

Now to the ridiculous

1345630599-3136395070-1.jpg

I'm sure this Evo is fast but what about track times??

1016415_719325594825233_6753858690982568200_n.jpg

Coxy

Established Member
Looks absolutely ridiculous. Looks like garbage, rides like garbage, zero performance/traction and just plain unsafe. Enough negative camber to get handling benefits, sure. Otherwise I just pray that it speeds up the demise of the car...

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
God out here in socal I see kids doing this all the time. Mostly asians w pretty sick wheels on a is350 or an older gs300. Looks like garbage.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
When tastefully done, I like it. When it looks like your axle broke in half and the wheels are at a 45 degree angle I think it looks stupid. I'm hoping it goes away all together though. Can't imagine how many times people that do that have to change tires. Also it's incredibly dangerous when you're stretching a 235 tire over a 10.5" wheel.

86Fbody

Established Member
Anything more than 5 or so degrees just isn't worth it. And anything more than 1.5 or 2 on the street is going to make you follow ruts like a train on tracks.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
While I don't mind a slammed look, I don't like the camber or bulging wheels at all.

This is as low as I can go, but I can't drive it like this at all. I don't see how they can turn with the front wheels up inside the fenders.
DSC_0516_zps828c287b.jpg

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
even the white sti looks like its going to tear up those front fenders. what if he goes through a hard turn with a dip in it :uh oh:

the evo reminds me of a fox with Daytons sticking out the side

Last edited:

SeikenFreak

2 Scoops
Established Member
It's dumb I guess. But so is half the other car fads out there. Rusting body panels. Sticker bombing. Slammed. Airbag suspension. Giant rims. Roof racks. Carbon fiber just for the look. Fully chromed engine bays. Crazy sound systems.

The separation is where all this stuff is about appearances and show car stuff. I am on the side of practicality and performance. Obviously I like my cars to look a certain way so I try to make minor adjustments to suit my particular tastes, but it's never to any show car or impractical degree.

oldmodman

Established Member
I think that any mod that doesn't improve the performance of the car is just roadside masturbation.

It feels good to you but looks silly to anyone watching.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
It's dumb I guess. But so is half the other car fads out there. Rusting body panels. Sticker bombing. Slammed. Airbag suspension. Giant rims. Roof racks. Carbon fiber just for the look. Fully chromed engine bays. Crazy sound systems.

The separation is where all this stuff is about appearances and show car stuff. I am on the side of practicality and performance. Obviously I like my cars to look a certain way so I try to make minor adjustments to suit my particular tastes, but it's never to any show car or impractical degree.

So it's dumb if it's not modded to suit your particular tastes? Got it:poke: And by the way, stickers are about performance duh!

Users who are viewing this thread