What do you do?

What do you do when you see an emergency vehicle?

• Pull over and stop.

Votes: 42 65.6%
  • Pull over and slow down.

Votes: 19 29.7%
  • Keep going.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other, specify.

Votes: 3 4.7%

• Total voters

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
wannacobra said:
When you see any emergency vehicle, what do you do?

It depends. If they are just driving around with no light or sirens on, I don't do much of anything.

However, if they have thier sirens blaring and lights flashing, and they are coming up behind me, or are coming towards me on a two lane (one each way) road, then I pull off to the side. If they are on a divided highway, on the otherside, then I keep on cruising.

Rant time: I can't stand the people who pull over/slow down when they see an emergency vehicle going the other direction, and the road is divided by a barrier of some kind. What do they think the firetruck is going to do, bust through the concrete median. :cuss:

Also, just because there is a wreck on the otherside of the road, that does not mean everybody on our side needs to slow down in the hopes of seeing something gory, just so you can go home and tell everybody how bad it was. Quite rubber necking. I hate waiting in traffic for an hour and a half, then when I get up to the "accident", it is on the other side of the road.

Rant off: Have a nice day.

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
I hate when people don't pull over for them, and they have to stop and blare the horn until they move. If I was in the ambulance and some focker like that made me late to the ER...I'd come back and haunt them when I die.

wannacobra

Future Job...
Established Member
chunkysoup said:
pull over wait for them to go by then use them as a blocker :lol1:

:lol: I have done that a few times but not when I'm in my own state.

I hate when I am going to a fire call and a person LOOKS at the engine and then proceeds to keep going. :mj: :fm:

Although it is fun for us because then we basically park next to their window (even more fun when it is open) and just lay on the air horns and the siren... Ahhh, good times.

Thanks for the responses guys. :beer:

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
here in KC i've seen ambulances and fire trucks on the highway being passed by traffic. wtf?

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
When I hear the the sirens or see the flashing lights I pull over and stop.

406 'velle

Established Member
pull over, stop. those guys could be saving my ass one day, id hope other drivers will get out of the way if im ever riding in one dying.

Users who are viewing this thread