What do y'all think, should I buy it?

ATX_Greg

Just found this for sale, but its a few hours away so I haven't seen it yet. They are looking to get $20K (firm) for it, what do y'all think, is that a reasonable price? I'm looking for a low mileage 02 or 03 HD specifically. I'm thinking about calling in sick to work tomorrow and picking it up, but they aren't offering enough for my trade!
(I can't load the link, it's too long)

2003 Ford Harley-Davidson
38.400 miles
Black/Silver
Bone Stock
2 Owner-No accidents on Carfax
Its at Cleburne Ford if you want to google it
Thanks

oki

Step up or STFU!
Established Member
$20,000 is probably NADA for that truck and that is why they are asking it. I never believe a dealer when he says "Firm". You just need to walk in there, cash in hand, drop it on the table and say "take it or leave it".

If they say no then (loud enough for the sales manager to hear) you need to say "What, I put $XXXX cash in front of you and your gonna say no!?" then pick up your money and walk out.

When I bought my 2003 2 tone (in 2006), it had 33,000 miles on her and they told me "$32,000 firm" (NADA value at the time). I brought them a 2003 Lariat FX4 F150 (Nada was $13,000) and told them they had to give me $16,000 for my trade and dropped down $6500 cash.

Salesman said "no" and I grabbed my keys & my cash and loudly told him that I know how much money they make off used vehicles and I already researched the truck & found out they bought it at auction...so I'm taking my cash & my truck and i will find my HD truck somewhere else.

Sales manager came out of his office, asked what was going on. I told him what had just happened. He walked outside with me, looked at my truck and told me "Sold, lets do the deal." We walked back inside, and I made him give me 4 brand new tires, a frame hitch, and a full detail (inside & out) including leather treatment. Sales Manager told me I knew my stuff and I was right...with what they were going to sell my truck for plus my cash, they would make around $6500 profit.

I came back a week later for them to do the frame hitch and they saved my line of fire taillight & put that on also. Sales Manager told me the 2003 Lariat FX4 I traded it had already sold for $16500.

In today's market you can find a low mileage HD truck for less if can wait till it pops up or if you feel that you want to pay NADA cuz that is specifically what you want, then pay for it. Its up to you.

Personally, I wouldn't do it. Make them wheel & deal with you.

On Welcome to the National Harley Truck Owners Club, here are 2 examples of what I mean:

2002 with 9000 miles --- sold for $23,5002002 Harley Davidon F150, only 9 thousand miles - NHTOC Classified Section

2002 with 38500 miles --- sold for $15,5002002 Harley Davidson (#8777) - Only 38500 Miles! One Owner! - NHTOC Classified Section

The 2003's that I have seen sell are selling on the boards for around $20,000 but have work done to them...they are not stock.

oki

Step up or STFU!
Established Member
Just took a look at the pictures:

--Its got Gel Overlays on the ford badges front & rear
--Stock Eagle GT II tires --- these are awful, littlest bit of water/dirt/gravel etc...= no traction
--Motor looks all stock from the picture except the K&N Gen II FIPK
--No oil seperator installed, so that intercooler is going to be nasty & in need of a cleaning (gonna want to check/change the plugs at the same time)

--Also, make sure you test the code entry. If you didn't know the code for the door is taped under the steering wheel near the floor on a box down there...you really have to get under there and look to find it

--Picture showing the steering wheel tilt & windsheild wiper handle...there is a small white circle in the plastic on the steering wheel sorround. Previous mod done? Alarm indicator? Need to find out, expecially if it invloved wiring as I have seen some real hack jobs.

---Build number 8955 so maybe your lucky to have gotten 8 thread heads instead of 4. You need to find the build date on the motor to get a better idea of what heads it has...good luck finding that on the motor unless they will let you jack it up, take the driver wheel off, wheel liner off and let you search for the sticker.

Users who are viewing this thread