what do I need to run a big dry shot of Nitrious

venmousracer

Established Member
I want to run a big dry shot after the maf, lookin to do a 125-150 shot, will the motor handle it? what do I need to stay safe?

I ran a 11.44 @122.95 with a 1.8 60 foot, and I had a boost leak at the time, I was seeing only 11 ponds of boost. That was my first and last pass that I got that number, Here Are my current mods:

99 Cobra with 03 cobra motor swap and 6speed

2.8 pulley
12 inch open end filter with a c/L 95mm maf
heat exchanger from GORDS custom made for my car
long tubes, off road x-pipe and Gt bassani catback
03 tank, twin focus pumps
solid axle with 373 gear
and the car is light 3650 with me on my ford y2k chrome rims and 3390-3400 with slicks and skinnies :beerchug:

Now i want to run a 125-150 shot but safley, thanx guys. Eddie

Last edited:

jguerrero

Established Member
Ask Strictly Performance, they have a 03 Cobra with a ported Eaton running a 125-150 shot making like 687/697 at the rear wheels with the stock fuel system. That was with 93 octane too, although they run race gas now I heard.

Pyro

Established Member
Can I put in a N20 system without having to re-tune? Does ZEX offer such a kit?

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Originally posted by jguerrero
Ask Strictly Performance, they have a 03 Cobra with a ported Eaton running a 125-150 shot making like 687/697 at the rear wheels with the stock fuel system. That was with 93 octane too, although they run race gas now I heard.

I don't think they are running a dry shot. I could be wrong, but usually the kind of shot we're discussing here is a wet shot.

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
I think zex does, but the setup that claims you dont need a retune, needs a returnless fuel system from my understanding, so it wont work on our cars.

venmousracer

Established Member
I wouldn't want to run a wet kit, having fuel go thru the blower than the intercooler, just alot of travel for the fuel, I rather run a dry kit 125-150 shot, i know i'm gonna have to get a retune. Just wondering what do I need to stay safe with a shot that big! Im trying to run low low 10's maybe a high 9.99 with my car I know its possible! Let me know your opinion people. Eddie

trey193

Established Member
Eddie get ahold of Strictly there kit is a dry shot and made the power mentioned above. Not sure how big of a shot it was , but I am impressed!!!:beer:

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Yeah I'm not suggesting you run a wet kit or a shot that large really. Just saying I believe that's what people with shots that big are doing. Probably not through the intercooler, but actually at the injector port.

jguerrero

Established Member
Do you guys think it will be safe to run say a 40 or 50 wet shot on our cars. I just picked up a full kit for cheap. I wouldnt want to go much over that, I think it will give me the extra power that I want.

Also I think the guy I spoke to at Strictly said that car was running low tens with the big dry shot.

Last edited:

Sonic03inSC

Established Member
This is the kit I'm looking into. DRY
hm-performance_1807_198834046

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/hm-performance/edefidrynisy1.html

Here is a thread..
http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118451

EngCon

Established Member
Guys it does not matter what type of kit you use (wet or dry) they both work. If you use a dry then you have to have it tuned, not that you should not check a wet kit but the dry has to be dyno tuned.

The only thing that I have seen is that the wet will make more torque than a dry kit. Why I do not know but kind of like why does a lower only make more torque than an upper only??

Jay

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by venmousracer
I wouldn't want to run a wet kit, having fuel go thru the blower than the intercooler, just alot of travel for the fuel, I rather run a dry kit 125-150 shot, i know i'm gonna have to get a retune. Just wondering what do I need to stay safe with a shot that big! Im trying to run low low 10's maybe a high 9.99 with my car I know its possible! Let me know your opinion people. Eddie

I've never heard of anybody running a wet shot through the blower and intercooler. LOL... Probably not a good idea.

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
It is no different than what the Lightning guys have been doing since the gen2 trucks. The main difference with the L's is the return style fuel system which help a bunch control the fuel delivery. The wet nitrous kit should be fine as long as the fuel is not abrubtly drawn from the fuel rail while under heavy boost... The wet kit will also require a bit of fine tuning to make it work good... Both systems would be as good but have a certain tuning uniqueness in the tunning department.

Users who are viewing this thread