What do I need on my car to Pass Texas Inspection?

jamessims

Established Member
Anyone pls let me know what you know cuz I am tired of asking the people who keep failing me I have never had to get my car inspected before, What do I NEED !?!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
kind of hard to give you any advice based on your single line op. Ar you having issues getting it inspected? do you have mods that have been done that may keep you from passing? Are you running no cats for example? more info and you might get a helpful answer.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
far as i know smog is not a deal in TX, for Insp.

Perhaps you should be sure before you spout wrong information.

Whether or not smog is "a deal" depends on where in the state you are but the areas that are not an issue are becoming fewer and fewer. ALL of the major cities now have smog checks and MOST of the immediately surrounding counties of those cities have smog that for the most parts include a visual and sniffer.

SnakeGrunt97

Established Member
Yeah, it is. It has to have cats and it has to come out the back of the car. it also depends on how old the car is because next year my cousins 86 GT will be emissions exempt, then it'll just have to pass a safety test.

Perhaps you should be sure before you spout wrong information.

Whether or not smog is "a deal" depends on where in the state you are but the areas that are not an issue are becoming fewer and fewer. ALL of the major cities now have smog checks and MOST of the immediately surrounding counties of those cities have smog that for the most parts include a visual and sniffer.

well i am not spouting things out they must of just started doing it or my home town has not cought up yet, i was born and raised in tx i would still be there if it was not for joining the army, every time i go down to visit i have to get a inpection sticker every time so there u go not just spitting things out u.:rockon:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
well i am not spouting things out they must of just started doing it or my home town has not cought up yet, i was born and raised in tx i would still be there if it was not for joining the army, every time i go down to visit i have to get a inpection sticker every time so there u go not just spitting things out u.:rockon:

well if you have the people republik of kalifornia as your location and are commenting on Texas inspections without providing any context so it is logical to assume that you didn't know what you are talking about. BFE Texas doesn't require smog, the civilized places do.

jamessims

Established Member
Calm down guys! :)

Let's not shoot our fellow soldier out of the water... all comments are welcome... I have a 91 notch 76k bassani headers/xpipe( with cats) side exhaust...Have a good day guys the day is still young!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Let's not shoot our fellow soldier out of the water... all comments are welcome... I have a 91 notch 76k bassani headers/xpipe( with cats) side exhaust...Have a good day guys the day is still young!

you still ain't answered the question of HOW are you failing inspection. really hard to give you specifics without that info.

FYI I have a 95 with full bassani and passed insp. with no issues.

jamessims

Established Member
you still ain't answered the question of HOW are you failing inspection. really hard to give you specifics without that info.

FYI I have a 95 with full bassani and passed insp. with no issues.

Going again Friday I ment to say I just put on the bassani this past week I ll let y'all know how it goes... I think the issue was no cats!

Jocko

Established Member
you also get a grace period...

To rectify the issue that caused you to fail. Smog rules vary by county. I'm in Dallas county and run cats, but it doesn't seem like a whole lot of others do!

65fastback2+2

Established Member
it depends on your county's requirements

my 67 passes and its no cats, no smog, no tailpipes out the back lol, course its two counties from harris

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
it depends on your county's requirements

my 67 passes and its no cats, no smog, no tailpipes out the back lol, course its two counties from harris

well duuuhhhhh you car is exempt from them ... surely you know that

thatdavidkid

Established Member
not saying you will always be caught, but even if you have an 86 and older car you still have to have cats in the whole state if the vehicle was originally equipped with them. smog test or not, one portion of the SAFETY inspection is a VISUAL INSPECTION of emissions equipment. that means everything has to be present and apear to function propperly. i've failed cars with o2 sensors switched off in the tune due to lack of catalytic converters. the smog portion passed but they failed the safety inspection due to the lack of factory equiped emissions equipment.

TX93Cobra

Established Member
if you didnt have cats thats most likely the problem lol. i have a smog delete, and passed with hi flow cats. passed in lewisville.

tliss

Established Member
I just bought a 93 Cobra and need to get all of the stickers up to date. Just did a few quick searches to see what, if anything I need to do to get it to pass the emissions test. I'm not 100% sure it will pass, but I'm not certain. I don't see any cats on the exhaust, so that will be a probelem. I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow and see what needs to be done. Wish me luck!

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread