What do i do??

99COBRADROPTOP

Established Member
My car has been poping at idle for some time now and it seems to be getting worse, I changed the plugs, checked all of the coils, and even loaded a tune from Rick at Amazon (thanks again). still no success. So i have started searching for any vacuum leaks under the hood. I used a digital Ultrasonic Leak Detector That i borrowed from my office, and it says that i have a leak by my PCV valve, (very small) and another place it was leaking is My IAC. I checked out the IAC (didnt remove) and noticed that the bottom bolt head has broken off somehow :shrug: I cleaned it a few months ago and re-installed with no problems and i didnt break anything. Does anybody have a suggestion as to how to get that bolt out of there? Its in a pretty tight spot so if i have to drill it out im sure i will be removing the upper intake :( If anybody has a suggestion or advice, let me have it :beer:

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
Unless part of the bolt is extruding and you can get a hold of it with some vice grips, you're pretty much stuck drilling it out. Is it too tight to get to with a right angle air drill?

99COBRADROPTOP

Established Member
Hey guys sorry for bringing this thread back but i have a few more questions and i didnt want to start ANOTHER thread on this. I havent driven the car in a few months due to it being winter and snowboard season so i havent gotten a chance to tackle this issue. I tried the other day to use vice grips, pliers, anything and everything i could try to remove the broken bolt but it isnt going anywhere. I have decided to take off the upper intake to get a better angle/grip on this but do not know the torque specs on the bolts, or a pattern when re-installing the bolts. If anybody knows of a write up to help me remove my upper intake that would be great. Lift tickets took all of my money over the winter so i wont be able to take it to a shop for some time.

Thanks,
Bryan

Users who are viewing this thread