What Differentials to Get?

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
All,
What Differentials to you all recommend?

Thanks

I put a True Trac in my 2008.

0062-2.jpg

R

StangSupremacy

Established Member
I have a detroit locker on my 9", it takes some time to learn the tricks for street driving.

BTW, what kind of hood is on your car?? looks sick !

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Is that the EATON one? How does it do at the track? And is it loud or quite? Reading on the EATON NOTE: 2005+ Mustangs Require Axle Spacer Modification what modification is that?

The spacer is shown in my picture. It is between the ends of the axles. Mine dropped right in with no mods/grinding. My kit also came with two spacers, one that was the regular spacer that comes with the True Trac, the other which was in its own sealed bag and labeled for 2005+ Mustang use.

I have not used my car at the track, nor do I plan to, but many guys on here have a True Trac and do the track thing with no issues that I know of?

R

Last edited:

BennyG.

Established Member
I have a detroit locker in my 2007 and love it, I have had no issues still using stock axles. I dont daily drive my car but I go to the drag strip about every other weekend and cruise every weekend. It takes some getting used to at first and is noisy around turns. The detroit will find weak links in your suspension I have busted a set of poly bushing on my lower control arms.

500_man

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread