what did you do to "fix" you sticking Accufab TB

svt_racing

Established Member
what did you do to "fix" your sticking Accufab TB...??

Did some searching around a found a bunch of threads about this TB sticking but not much on what they did to fix it besides some 600 grit sand paper to buff the metal a little or clean it real good. Any other suguestions? I have this annoying sticking of the TB when I give it gas, its not nice and smooth. Makes for leaving the light a pain in the ass while just coming out of 1st.

Last edited:

cobracide

Established Member
Are there torque specs for the accufab? Verify that you didn't over tighten it. To elaborate - over tightening the bolts could "tweak" the throttle body so that it's not flat and cause binding issues such as you're having. Also disconnect the throttle cable and make sure it feeds smooth and isn't getting hung up. If in doubt, pull it off and play with the linkage. Make sure it doesn't bind. If it binds after taken out and testing the linkage, it's bad. Send it back.

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Courtesy of LargeOrangeFont:

1) install TB and plenum
2) rotate the TPS CW(opposite throttle movement) then snug the screws
3) plug IAC in (DO NOT SCREW IT ON, LEAVE IT OFF)
4) duct tape over the IAC holes on the plenum
5) have someone start the car(DO NOT TOUCH THE GAS PEDAL) if it won't start, turn the butterfly stop screw in a bit, try to start again(repeat till running)
6) adjust the stop screw till you get the idle to 700-750RPM
7) let the car idle for 5-10 min's
8) turn car off
9) remove duct tape, install IAC
10) turn key to "on position" (do not start car)
11) set TPS to about .98V, tighten the TPS
12) start car(DO NOT TOUCH THE GAS !!!!!!!!)
13) just let the car idle, let the computer "LEARN" for 10min's
14) turn car off
15) done

cobracide

Established Member
FYI, I would NOT sand it. If you take too much off the idle will stick high from air being let in when the throttle blade should be snapped closed all the way. The iac adjusts the blade to open ever so slightly for your idle rpm using the above procedure. Also, the procedure will not fix a sticking linkage.

Thanks for that Dwight, I was looking around for the idle calibration.

Users who are viewing this thread