What did you do for your Terminator today?

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Been on corn since 2016. No issues, and I would never go back. I average 1k-1500 miles a year. Car sits 6-8 months straight all winter and have no issues firing right up in the spring. I run a vented catch can, drain the condensation out of it every time I take the car out. Besides that, nothing out of the ordinary besides basic maintenance…. Oil change every year, clean the fuel filter too.

I’ve got a friend that had gone 2 years without running the car on corn and still fired up fine. Anyone who tells you not to run corn doesn’t know anything and I wouldn’t listen to them. Does it burn more fuel, yes. Is it worth it for 100-150 more HP, yes. Is E85 safer, yes. Does it smell good out the exhaust, yes.

I fill 8 VP cans at a time. Sometimes I store it for 8 months in the sealed cans. Still tests the same and has no effect on how she runs.
This.

stangfreak

Established Member
Been on corn since 2016. No issues, and I would never go back. I average 1k-1500 miles a year. Car sits 6-8 months straight all winter and have no issues firing right up in the spring. I run a vented catch can, drain the condensation out of it every time I take the car out. Besides that, nothing out of the ordinary besides basic maintenance…. Oil change every year, clean the fuel filter too.

I’ve got a friend that had gone 2 years without running the car on corn and still fired up fine. Anyone who tells you not to run corn doesn’t know anything and I wouldn’t listen to them. Does it burn more fuel, yes. Is it worth it for 100-150 more HP, yes. Is E85 safer, yes. Does it smell good out the exhaust, yes.

I fill 8 VP cans at a time. Sometimes I store it for 8 months in the sealed cans. Still tests the same and has no effect on how she runs.
Its just weird that VP racing told me not to run it if my car sits. But then you have others that say its fine. Do you think the hp and tq gains will be a huge difference compared to MS109?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Its just weird that VP racing told me not to run it if my car sits. But then you have others that say its fine. Do you think the hp and tq gains will be a huge difference compared to MS109?
On the flip side they have to plan for the people that throw it in their 30 year old POS with stock rubber lines and original injectors. I'm sure it's hard on carbs and such that aren't made to handle it.

I will say being full flex makes life easier. But my buddy is pretty much full time E85 on a stock ECU with no issues.

blwn89gt

Established Member
I’m definitely considering it. Only way I’d do it is if I went MS3 and did the flex sensor. I already did the proper lines, filter, injectors and pumps to run it.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

stangfreak

Established Member
I’m definitely considering it. Only way I’d do it is if I went MS3 and did the flex sensor. I already did the proper lines, filter, injectors and pumps to run it.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
If we go MS3, not sure we can pass emissions

stangfreak

Established Member
On the flip side they have to plan for the people that throw it in their 30 year old POS with stock rubber lines and original injectors. I'm sure it's hard on carbs and such that aren't made to handle it.

I will say being full flex makes life easier. But my buddy is pretty much full time E85 on a stock ECU with no issues.
what injectors are you guys running? I got ID1000's

01yellercobra

Established Member
what injectors are you guys running? I got ID1000's
I'm running ID1050's and they're pretty much maxed. I saw 90% duty cycle on my last log. Though I'm only at 40psi base fuel pressure so I can bump it up to get some breathing room.
yea I wonder if I have to go with the ID1300's for my goals. They are crazy expensive though.
Look into FIC 1200's. That's one of the brands I'm considering for my next injector. I tuned a set of 775's on my son's car and they were just as nice as the ID's.

stangfreak

Established Member
I'm running ID1050's and they're pretty much maxed. I saw 90% duty cycle on my last log. Though I'm only at 40psi base fuel pressure so I can bump it up to get some breathing room.

Look into FIC 1200's. That's one of the brands I'm considering for my next injector. I tuned a set of 775's on my son's car and they were just as nice as the ID's.
Are the FIC's compatible with all fuel including VP? I know VP uses MTBE

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I don't have a DYAD or RXT, but I get an occasional chirp leaving in first too. Mine's just the final chattering clutch grab barking the tires thanks to the Spec 3+ and billet flywheel. lol

01yellercobra

Established Member
Are the FIC's compatible with all fuel including VP? I know VP uses MTBE
I don't think I've heard of any injector having issues with MTBE. It's usually ethanol and methanol you need to worry about. I think most aftermarket injectors are made to handle pretty much any fuel nowadays.

1FastFord

Established Member
NY sucks big time. so the megasquirt has a built in flex sensor?
it has the capability, was also looking at the holley with the adapter to use stock wiring. My question is, if you ecu swap, do you have to do the sensor re-learn each year and also, with the flex sensor inline, would that throw off anything and set a cel?

I hate NY and its rules

01yellercobra

Established Member
it has the capability, was also looking at the holley with the adapter to use stock wiring. My question is, if you ecu swap, do you have to do the sensor re-learn each year and also, with the flex sensor inline, would that throw off anything and set a cel?

I hate NY and its rules
You would have to do the drive cycle to get the monitors ready each time you swap in the stock ECU. That was my original plan. The flex sensor won't throw a CEL as it's not wired into the main harness. It's wired to a spare plug in the back of the MS3. So when running the stock ECU it wouldn't be connected to anything.

I don't remember if the FPDM is tied to anything in the monitors though. I had planned to keep mine in place, but that went out the window with the MS3.

Users who are viewing this thread