What did you do for your Terminator today?

03sonblucobra

Established Member
Have mine in the shop for about two months. Getting my blower swapped and some other work done. All I can do is look at the pictures I’ve taken when I go check on it. So, I definitely feel your pain.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Not being able to drive your car for that long is the worst.

At least you’re gonna be gaining power lol

Comp04svt

Established Member
I’ve wanted to pull the trigger on one of there cylindrical knobs for a while now. Worth the money?

Yeah I think so. I have stock, and a round gripper knob and I like this one the best really. There's like no one who has this knob on there terminator that I could find besides the guy above, so I was a little on the fence, but I like it. It does take a little bit to get used to, but it has just as much weight as the round gripper knob (7.5 oz), and fits my hand really well.

03sonblucobra

Established Member
Yeah I think so. I have stock, and a round gripper knob and I like this one the best really. There's like no one who has this knob on there terminator that I could find besides the guy above, so I was a little on the fence, but I like it. It does take a little bit to get used to, but it has just as much weight as the round gripper knob (7.5 oz), and fits my hand really well.

That’s exactly why I’ve been hesitant as well, almost no one has them. I really like the look but was unsure of the fit and feel. I’ll probably go ahead and buy one then.

Snake82

Established Member
Changed transmission fluid, installed new MGW shifter, and finally got it out of the garage.

IMG_4096.JPG
IMG_4121.JPG
IMG_4128.jpg

KINGCarnge

Established Member
That’s exactly why I’ve been hesitant as well, almost no one has them. I really like the look but was unsure of the fit and feel. I’ll probably go ahead and buy one then.

Being able to change the colors and logos on toppers and the stems is what sold me. I’d been looking for a shift knob with the snake logo. I also like the cylindrical gripper knob look.

Last edited:

KINGCarnge

Established Member
Not being able to drive your car for that long is the worst.

At least you’re gonna be gaining power lol

It seems like any time I do a mod to my cobra I run into some kind of issue. After it’s all said and done if I’m not pushing over 600 hp I will sell the damn thing lol j/k. I think we got the issues worked out and hopefully it will be ready this week.

03sonblucobra

Established Member
It seems like any time I do a mod to my cobra I run into some kind of issue. After it’s all said and done if I’m not pushing over 600 hp I will sell the damn thing lol j/k. I think we got the issues worked out and hopefully it will be ready this week.

Nice! I’m jealous!!

03sonblucobra

Established Member
Why so long?

I did some electrical work for a family member of his who has a disabled son. Anyways, it was supposed to be a trade (my labor for his labor). He’s a really well known painter and I’ve known him for a while so i trusted him. Since he’s not getting any actual money for painting it he keeps putting me off. He’s already done all the prep work so I can’t just get it back and put it back on my car. And to take it somewhere else and get a good job done will be $600-$800 out of my pocket...

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
All I can do is stare at it waiting on my bumper to get painted. Dropped it off to get license plate holes filled and repainted 5-1/2 months ago.... going through withdrawals.

The rest of the paint looks spectacular based off that pic. I'm jealous. Been thinking about trying that Meguiar's Ultimate Compound on mine to rejuvenate her a bit.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Why so long?

I had the same question...….

I did some electrical work for a family member of his who has a disabled son. Anyways, it was supposed to be a trade (my labor for his labor). He’s a really well known painter and I’ve known him for a while so i trusted him. Since he’s not getting any actual money for painting it he keeps putting me off. He’s already done all the prep work so I can’t just get it back and put it back on my car. And to take it somewhere else and get a good job done will be $600-$800 out of my pocket...

This is what I was thinking. Either someone was doing you a favor or you needed to find another body shop. 5 1/2 months is WAY to long to paint a bumper.

Yes, when it comes to painting time is money. However, if the body work is done it doesn't take that much to spray it, clear it and then cut and buff it. it's a bumper for God sake. He needs to just get it done already.

01yellercobra

Established Member

This is what I was thinking. Either someone was doing you a favor or you needed to find another body shop. 5 1/2 months is WAY to long to paint a bumper.

Yes, when it comes to painting time is money. However, if the body work is done it doesn't take that much to spray it, clear it and then cut and buff it. it's a bumper for God sake. He needs to just get it done already.
If the prep is done and done well won't it be cheaper? We paid $600 to have the back bumper on Tracy's car repainted. That was dropping the car off and picking it up all done. I'm sure I could've saved a few bucks if I had pulled it and dropped it off.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
If the prep is done and done well won't it be cheaper? We paid $600 to have the back bumper on Tracy's car repainted. That was dropping the car off and picking it up all done. I'm sure I could've saved a few bucks if I had pulled it and dropped it off.

The problem there is; a lot of paint work comes back because the prep work wasn't done properly (Body shops normally say it's 90% prep and 10% spray). So, most shops do not want to provide any guarantees on someone else's prep work. They would most likely say they need to redo the body work before they will even touch it. So, he might save on disassembly and reassembly labor, but he would have to pay for body work and then the paint job itself if he were to take it someplace else.

Last edited:

03sonblucobra

Established Member

Way too long! I go by his shop once maybe twice a week just to get disappointed.

Once I get my bumper back I will let everyone on here know who it is so they can stay away from him if there in Southern California looking for a painter.

03sonblucobra

Established Member

You’re right it will probably be cheaper than what I mentioned before. But even if it’s $400, that’s not what he and I agreed to so it’s just the principle now.

Users who are viewing this thread