What did you do about the hood latch support??

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
What did you do about the hood latch support? I had to take it off to fit the intercooler on there but I am not happy with just leaving it off. I was thinking of rigging up up to bolt onto the bumper support instead of the lower core support.

Only reason I am worried about it is my hood is kinda bouncing around at higher mph.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
We made up a custom bracket and bolted it to the bumper support. I wouldn't cruise around without it but that's just me.

Mike@TCI

Established Member
Have a picture of your intercooler? What I like to do is modify the stock support rod, and weld an aluminum bung on the top of the intercooler... makes for a clean bolt on deal, that retains the support rod, and it's function.

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
No I dont have really any good pics of the intercooler. I did forget to put my bumper support(Styrofoam thing) back in so if you really are wanting some I can get them for you then.

Mike@TCI

Established Member
Just trying to get an idea of your cooler. Either way you should have enough space between the cooler and latch, to retain the latch support rod. It will require modification (cut down and the last 1" flattended on the end, then bent over 90*), and a welded bung on the cooler top. or you could just have someone fabricate a new support rod if your concerned about it.

Users who are viewing this thread