What did install cost??

boosted281

Established Member
I want to change the rearend gears to 3.73's and called the dealership today and was quoted $576 for install ONLY and was told fluids would still be more. I want to do this and the gears from FORD racing and a motive install kit are barely over $200, seems high to install so what did you guys pay if you don't mind sharing :shrug:

'14 Shelby

Established Member
? Unless you have access to a lift and know how to set bearings etc. I'd say its a decent deal. The warranty still valid if you get it done

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
i paid $30 for the 2 quarts of oil, $5 for the ford friction modifier , $50 for the gears, and $80 for the install kit from tousley ford. The install is taking place in a week and is going to cost me $250. So $415 total. If you want to retain the warranty the extra $ might be worth it.

Last edited:

boosted281

Established Member
With me supplying the gears and install kit I don't see $576 being a deal. They're gonna void my warranty anyway once they see all the other stuff I got from Van lol.

Jroc

Established Member
i paid $30 for the 2 quarts of oil, $5 for the ford friction modifier , $50 for the gears, and $80 for the install kit from tousley ford. The install is taking place in a week and is going to cost me $250. So $415 total. If you want to retain the warranty the extra $ might be worth it.

This is more like it. If you're doing things to void a warranty anyway them the heck with a deal. In my experience a good performance shop does a better job than a dealer at working on performance cars anyway. I've also used lousy performance shops so ask around and fined a good one in your area. The shop I use charges $250 to do gears, and they do great work and stand behind what they do.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Should be less than $500 all parts and labor. Find a good performance shop.

Users who are viewing this thread