what comes with it?

Cobrakid2006

We Are VENOM
Established Member
as some of u may(or may not)know if everthing goes right I'll be able to order a new 2.1L KB kit by friday. just wondering what comes with it? and does it come with EVERYTHING i need to hook it up and run safe? i'm just getting the 6psi kit...don't wanna run too much boost on a 107k mile engine....but its in good condition....also what other things would u recomend getting with it?(i have a JLT) where can get gagues from(since kenne bell said they no longer sell them) thanx guys

slow98cobra

Established Member
What happened to the vortech s-trim@8 psi in your sig? I would personally go with a procharger p1sc and air-air intercooler. It would keep the intake temps low but 6 psi on KB doesn't heat up too much. I think if you look around enough you can find the procharger for around 4g's.

Intercooled FTW!!!

Last edited:

Cobrakid2006

We Are VENOM
Established Member
i want that low end grunt that 03's are famous for and that WHINE! i don't care if its only like 360rwhp its good enough 4 me. still be fast street light to street light. so anybody with KB's please chime in

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
For gauges I would say autometer and that's what most people use. If you have the money I would check out speedhut gauges because you can do custom gauges that say SVT on them if you want.

KB says the kit comes with everything you need. You would probably be fine with just what they give you, but most would say to use a feul pump and injectors rather then the BAP and FMU and such. Maybe down the road I'll intercool it for you :). And let's not let your thread die and you disappear before you show munbers like all the other 2.1 threads...

Oh, and the 2.1 probably won't whine until 13-15 psi.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
you could run 8 psi, with a good tune you should not see any problems. and lighten up the car as much as possible, make your own rear wseat delete cheap mod and ditch the spare and jack etc....down the road change out the seats and put in coilovers and a k-member and you will pick up a lot of speed from the loss of weight enought o surprise some heavy ass terminators

Cobrakid2006

We Are VENOM
Established Member
well i won't be able to do any custom tuning til mid summer so i'm just gonna stay 6psi til then but i will up the boost a bit later with a good ass tune. KB told me to get there 160* thermastat.....is that a good idea??? Also guys i don't have my spare and jack no more or back seats lol.....I'm also getting 2 gagues a boost and which other one is imporant to get????

slow98cobra

Established Member
well i won't be able to do any custom tuning til mid summer so i'm just gonna stay 6psi til then but i will up the boost a bit later with a good ass tune. KB told me to get there 160* thermastat.....is that a good idea??? Also guys i don't have my spare and jack no more or back seats lol.....I'm also getting 2 gagues a boost and which other one is imporant to get????

Thermostat is a good idea. Personally I would buy a wideband a/f gauge, but if that is a little too pricey then go with an electric fuel pressure gauge.

slow98cobra

Established Member
is a electric fuel gauge better then a Machanical one?

IMO Yeah. The electrical can be ran inside the vehicle. The mechanical should only be used when mounted on the hood because it requires a physical line pressurized with fuel to operate and a fuel line inside the car can be dangerous. :fm: The electrical has a sending unit mounted in the engine compartment that sends a signal to the gauge mounted inside the car.:beer:

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
the 1.5 whines pretty good. i seen a vid of one...so why not the 2.1??

I think I know the video you are talking about. You can hear the whine from outside the car when it is coming at you in the video. Otherwise not so much. Red98cobrastang on here has the 1.5 on his and on the dyno I couldn't hear the blower at all. That was with the hood open too. It whistled a little bit at idle i believe. He'll probably jump in here.

Unfortunatley as you know there is not much info on the 2.1. All of the other kb "big bore" blowers are quieter than the original versions and kb confirms that. They say it won't be as loud, but who knows. The loudest kb was the old 2.2 and now the 2.6 and 2.8 make MUCH less whine.

I am serious about making an intercooler too. I am 90% sure i can make it work, I just don't have anyone who says they would try it out when I'm done, so I haven't finished it :shrug:

Good luck with your setup though! if anything, I would say throw some meth and nitrous on there and see what the 2.1 can do! :rockon:

Cobrakid2006

We Are VENOM
Established Member
I've got a 180 thermostat for a 96-98 cobra if your interested, stock is 192 I believe.

think i got it covered for now...but if not i'll take it of ur hands

well are NGK TR6's be a good spark plug to get? if so what gap???.....for a kenne bell at 6-7psi that is

Last edited:

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
.032-.035 on the plugs.

Also, my whine is minimal @6psi. at idle you can hear the blower workin and a lot at like 2500-3000 when cruising. At WOT forget it. The exhaust is just way loud. Im sure people on the outside can hear it tho. When I downsize my pulley a 1/4" and pick up 2psi or so, Im sure Ill get some more whine out of that bad boy :)

crazycarlo

Established Member
Yeah u can barely hear the whine. Lets face it if we wanted the same whine as an 03 cobra our only option is to put an 03 motor in our cars....

Users who are viewing this thread