what color should I paint my emblems or leave them alone?

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
I have been thinking about painting my emblems to change the look up a bit. I have been debating on a black chrome look, flat black, DSG, and even thought SB might look cool. My car is silver and pretty plain jain and I think this will be a subtle change that it needs. If you could pick a color what would you go with?

here is a photo of the car.
ktpw.jpg

Chosyn1

I'm your Huckleberry
Established Member
plasti dip em in flat black and see how you like it..if you don't, atleast it peels off.

edit: josh is right, your grille will disapear if you dip that emblem..ask me how i know:shrug:

image_zpsdf245c50.jpg

Last edited:

Tractionless1

Established Member
haha the sonic blue comment was to get some of your panties in a wad. This is what I was thinking of going with, a black chrome look like these

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ng-cobra-fender-emblems-svt-trunk-emblem.html
or these

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-talk-229/511316-where-find-black-cobra-emblems.html

Mess with the snake you get the head right?

Anyway, black chrome is the darkest I'd go. Anything darker and you lose out on the OE black details of the emblem. While you're toning down the bright spots, get some LIGHT smoke taillight tint to keep the theme throughout. I sourced mine from ebay for around $18 shipped including the rear reflectors. I'm sure that's where Mustang vendors get theirs then sell for double.

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
plasti dip em in flat black and see how you like it..if you don't, atleast it peels off.

edit: josh is right, your grille will disapear if you dip that emblem..ask me how i know:shrug:
wow that dipped grille emblem does disappear.

Mess with the snake you get the head right?

Anyway, black chrome is the darkest I'd go. Anything darker and you lose out on the OE black details of the emblem. While you're toning down the bright spots, get some LIGHT smoke taillight tint to keep the theme throughout. I sourced mine from ebay for around $18 shipped including the rear reflectors. I'm sure that's where Mustang vendors get theirs then sell for double.

Do you have any photos of your tail lights that you can post? After I read this, I was thinking of mixing up some clear and drop a few drops of black base to tint the clear and clear coat the tail lights instead of using the spray can stuff. I agree with the light tinting, I am not a big fan of completely blacked out tail lights.

have them hydrodipped.....CF

CF might be cool, but I have my mind made up about 95% on the black chrome. I may end up painting a couple of junker emblems in a few different shades to see what looks best.

Users who are viewing this thread