What color is it....someone knows ??

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The red stripes on my 2011 are Colorado red, ( Torch red ), paint code D-3. If I wanted to buy pre-painted parts, the D-3 paint code allows me to do so.
The red stripes on my 2014 are " Medium red ". After contacting Ford customer service, and them contacting their SME, ( subject matter expert ), they tell me:
1. There is no paint code for the 2014 red stripes.
2. The color code for these red stripes is " R ".
3. They will not give contact info for their tape stripe supplier.
...........One wouldn't think it was that hard of a question.
I also asked what color blue is used on the cam covers, 2011 thru 2014, & got contact SVT.. !!
Somebody knows this stuff...................who ??
9m6z.jpg

Last edited:

Kapy

Established Member
The red stripes on my 2011 are Colorado red, ( Torch red ), paint code D-3. If I wanted to buy pre-painted parts, the D-3 paint code allows me to do so.
The red stripes on my 2014 are " Medium red ". After contacting Ford customer service, and them contacting their SME, ( subject matter expert ), they tell me:
1. There is no paint code for the 2014 red stripes.
2. The color code for these red stripes is " R ".
3. They will not give contact info for their tape stripe supplier.
...........One wouldn't think it was that hard of a question.
I also asked what color blue is used on the cam covers, 2011 thru 2014, & got contact SVT.. !!
Somebody knows this stuff...................who ??
9m6z.jpg
Very funny you are wondering the same as I have been researching as well for a long time.

I am wanting to put a different hood on the car but keep the vinyl striping.

Been working with a local graphics guy who cannot even come close to matching the color. So I did exactly what you did and have got nowhere.

However the closest I have found is 3M actually has a color listed as medium red and it appears to match. Without having the actual color swatch it is impossible to know for a fact.

So my graphics guy called his 3M rep to get a color sample of the Medium Red.

Here is where it gets disappointing. The Medium Red that 3M has is a European spec only color and will not distribute to the U.S. How crazy is that?

But it kind of makes sense because of the car, Shelby name, SVT etc., they probably want to keep the chance of copying colors and stripes to the minimum.

Or more than likely, the 3M tape overseas was bidded at a cheaper price. That's probably what happened.

None the less I am in the same boat as you. Very frustrating.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
M7042 is the Ford code for Colorado red ( D-3 ), which according to Ford, is not the color of the stripes on my 14......thanks anyway.

According to the according guide the paint code appears to be 6D, so the paint code is M6470. The Dupont code is B8954. It appears to be the official name of the colour is Vermillion Red. I digged up the paint code for medium red(Meduim Red Solid) and it appears to be EM.

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/2014-shelby-gt500-order-guide.pdf

I hope this helps.

Last edited:

1 Alibi 2

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I got a lead on the stripe mfg. from the Team Shelby site.
Anyone have any info on the blue cam covers ?? ( name of the color, paint code #, powder coat name or # )

1 Alibi 2

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Contacted the mfg. that makes the red stripes on the 14 for Ford, so that question is answered.
Called a co. that makes powder coating, they are sending me a sample to compare to the cam covers...................their pictures look pretty good.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I'm not interested in any contact information but who is the supplier contracted to produce them?

Users who are viewing this thread