What color HD F150? Black or DSG?

What color HD F150? Black or DSG?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

69mach03

Established Member
I'm very close to buying an '02 Harley Davidson F-150 but am split on which color to go with. Here are my thoughts:

I absolutely HATE the vinyl flames they put down the sides of the bed on these trucks. If I bought one in DSG, they would come off immediately. If I bought one in Black, I could possibly deal with it, not sure yet. Either way, removing vinyl that have been on paint for 6 years may require some wet sanding -- and performing this on the metallic DSG will likely be easier and turn out looking better than Black. But it could only need some compound as I'm looking to buy a low mileage truck (less than 50k)

DSG: Looks great in the sun. Metallic flake is beautiful when it's clean and HIDES SCRATCHES / SWIRL MARKS / WATER SPOTS. My '03 Mach 1 was DSG and I loved the color.

Black: Never owned a black vehicle and really have never had any intentions to until now. These trucks look INSANE cleaned up with the chrome 20s. But keeping them clean is the issue. I don't have the patience to wash the truck 2-3 times a week. Black is beautiful when its clean, but will show its ass with some scratches / swirl marks / water spots - the total opposite of DSG (IMO). I'll be towing my Crystal White '94 Cobra on an open trailer behind this tow vehicle / DD -- so I think the black would look better in front of it.

I need some suggestions!?? :rockon:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
After just dealing with the black center of my hood, I hate black and will never own a black vehicle. Hell, Sonic Blue is bad enough...Le Mans blue will probably be worse.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Neither

F150.jpg

Although that color may not have been available in 2002 :shrug:

69mach03

Established Member
Neither

F150.jpg

Although that color may not have been available in 2002 :shrug:

It isn't. Only that Silver / Black color combo and Black are available for 2003 models. There are two accents that kill that model year, IMO. The much LARGER Harley Davidson badges and the miserable white stripe down the center of the bucket seats. HOWEVER, they did scrap that miserable red flame job and went with a thick white stripe down the side of the Black trucks in '03. I do like that.

2002 DSG HD F150 FTW

I'm down to two trucks -- working on financing tonight. :rockon:

Last edited:

69mach03

Established Member
Thanks for all the input, fellas. Flying out to Bedford, Ohio to pick up and drive back a DSG 02 HD F150 Saturday morning. 35k miles, 1 owner, $16,995. I could of picked one up for slightly less with 70k+ but I wanted something without a mess of a miles.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
DSG. I am not a DSG fan normally, but the color looks fantastic on that truck.

Users who are viewing this thread