jbentley

Established Member
Centerforce 03-04 Cobra Dual Friction Clutch Kit

spec 2

spec 2+

What clutch is the best?

Whats the differents between them?

Do i need 10 or 26 spline?

I plan on just doing the normal bolt ons for now. The eaton will be staying on the car for the next few years. Im sure there is a thread all ready out there to answer this for me but i work alot and dont have time to sit behind a computer all day looking up info. Thanks Jeremiah

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Im sure there is a thread all ready out there to answer this for me but i work alot and dont have time to sit behind a computer all day looking up info. Thanks Jeremiah

Dude seriously? Like you are so special. It would take less time to search than it took you to post this.

Teej281

Established Member
Dude, if he wanted a smartass answer he would have asked for on. Op, personally I'd choose the centerforce clutch. I wouldn't trust a spec in even my bolt on gt, let alone a cobra. Also, you need a 10 spline clutch disc unless you want to upgrade input shafts while you're in there, which depending on future mods, you may want to consider. Any other questions, feel free to ask. I understand hating to use the search. You never actually get the answers that you want. And if people used search all the time there would be no new threads to comment on anyways. Some people are just bitter.

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Dude, if he wanted a smartass answer he would have asked for on. Op, personally I'd choose the centerforce clutch. I wouldn't trust a spec in even my bolt on gt, let alone a cobra. Also, you need a 10 spline clutch disc unless you want to upgrade input shafts while you're in there, which depending on future mods, you may want to consider. Any other questions, feel free to ask. I understand hating to use the search. You never actually get the answers that you want. And if people used search all the time there would be no new threads to comment on anyways. Some people are just bitter.

Some people are sick of beating a dead horse. Just cause your new and vibrant and ready type your ass off doesn't mean the rest of us, that have tested and proven multiple clutches feel like posting more about them AFTER we have already made several threads over the years based on our experiences.

Ive ran 4 different clutch setups in my car, the best one to date has been my Exedy Hyper single. Any more info, search.

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Did I mention to use your search feature or ATLEAST browse the right section? Look here in driveline section, first page over 4 of the SAME threads, all of which will be more informative than a simple "I dont feel like helping myself by searching"

Driveline - SVTPerformance

Teej281

Established Member
Some people are sick of beating a dead horse. Just cause your new and vibrant and ready type your ass off doesn't mean the rest of us, that have tested and proven multiple clutches feel like posting more about them AFTER we have already made several threads over the years based on our experiences.

Ive ran 4 different clutch setups in my car, the best one to date has been my Exedy Hyper single. Any more info, search.

Before you start jumping on your high horse, I'm a moderator on another national forum and have been posting for a long time. Some 8000 posts or so. So believe me, I deal with these kinds of questions every day. Someone asks a question you don't like, don't answer it. It's not your job to tell them what to do on here. If a mod feels they are out of line asking a question that's already been beat to death, then let them do that. In my section on mustang forums, we have exhaust questions, lower control arm threads, lowering spring concerns, everyday. I answer them because it takes two seconds to give them the answer they are looking for, so why be so arrogant about it?

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Before you start jumping on your high horse, I'm a moderator on another national forum and have been posting for a long time. Some 8000 posts or so. So believe me, I deal with these kinds of questions every day. Someone asks a question you don't like, don't answer it. It's not your job to tell them what to do on here. If a mod feels they are out of line asking a question that's already been beat to death, then let them do that. In my section on mustang forums, we have exhaust questions, lower control arm threads, lowering spring concerns, everyday. I answer them because it takes two seconds to give them the answer they are looking for, so why be so arrogant about it?

Why even take time out of your busy moderator job on another forum to even post this? See the post directly above yours that has TONS of posts regarding this questions. Seriously there are CORRECT sections and PREVIOUS threads about this topic, now run along.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
personally I'd choose the centerforce clutch. I wouldn't trust a spec in even my bolt on gt, let alone a cobra..
I did a search on clutches for 500whp when getting my new spec 2+ which I'm very happy with btw and a is very popular clutch here :bash:

Teej281

Established Member
You got very lucky. I've witnessed bad things with spec clutches.

And to above, I don't see the need for your negativity. YOU DON'T HAVE TO ANSWER A THREA IF YOU DON'T WANT TO!!! So why did you even bother to post? You obviously are quite bitter towards this subject so either have positive input or don't post. Nothing against you but the purpose of these forums is to help, not comment a bunch of negativity.

03yellow

Established Member
You will get 12,000 to 25,000 out of most single disk set ups if you get on you car and are over 450 rwhp.
Ram HD- lasted the longest for me
Spec 3- ran ok but a little grabby
Dfx- simply fell apart
Running centerforce twin disk now and was the best money I have spent. Over 25,000 miles and still feels new. I bang on it hard and never worry.

Don't worry about the search police. They got nothin else to do!!!
Start an oil thread and real piss em off!!

Last edited:

mineral154

whatever
Established Member
on my last cobra i replaced the stock clutch with a spec 2+. very unhappy lasted maybe 3000 miles. it didnt wear out it just never worked right in the first place. got a centerforce dual friction with a fidanza flywheel an was so pleased i would never ever go back to spec.my car now has a ram twin disk and it can hold a shitton of power all day long but gets grabby when warm and the pilot chirps cause there just aint enough room. good luck.

Last edited:

ScubaTermi

Established Member
Well I just put in a spec 3 and I only have 45 miles on it and it hardly has any chatter (maybe just a millisecond of it if any) and the pedal feel is great. I did have mine installed by a shop though. Good luck

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
I am going with the Mcleod twin disk when it's time. Just not sure which one the RST or RXT. From all the research I have done this seems to be a good choice. Holds alot of power and has a light pedal feel.

Users who are viewing this thread