What clutch to go with?

chvyeter

new motor almost finished
Established Member
I don't need one at the moment but plan on adding boost in my 14 GT. What clutch would you recommend?

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
A lot of guy's go with Mcleod RXT or RST. I bought the RXT just not installed yet so I don't have personal experience yet.

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
Went from RXT > Exedy 500 very happy with it. Much better driveability and easier on the trans. The setup was recommended to me by Ben Calimer.

ryan03svt

Established Member
Currently running a McLeod RXT for about 5 months now. Pedal feel is excellent. Does chatter a little bit under medium/heavy load under 2k RPM's but it's not terrible. Haven't thrown any boost at it yet but I'm sure it will hold up to stock motor boost levels easy.

lpheaven

Established Member
Currently running a McLeod RXT for about 5 months now. Pedal feel is excellent. Does chatter a little bit under medium/heavy load under 2k RPM's but it's not terrible. Haven't thrown any boost at it yet but I'm sure it will hold up to stock motor boost levels easy.

I just installed mine and only 50 miles into the break-in. Feels great and only a little chatter in 5th under 2k. I turned down my boost to 3# on my i-1 procharger, nice having the boost controller on this unit.

sdoo500

Established Member
I am about to pull the trigger on Exedy 500......

For you guys running them, what power level are you at and did you resurface flywheel or just buy lightened Exedy one?

Tx5.0

Established Member
I have the 500 making 850whp. Haven't been to the track so I can't say how the hard clutch dumps are, but for rolls its holding like a champ for me. I'm using the oem flywheel.

SCalla1384

Established Member
Keep the stocker til it dies. Stock clutch imo is the best. Easiest on the trans, and kind of band aids it. I personally think the RXT is way too much clutch on these transmissions.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
either the mach 600 exedy, their twin disc, or the mcleod rst / rxt

any of those with a billet flywheel will work very well, let me know if we can help at all

george.arnold

Established Member
I just went with the RST. Bolt ons car, so it wasn't to hold the power I have now, but it is future proof. I like the RST. I upgraded the clutch line at the same time and the pedal feel is night and day better than stock. The hub on the RST is solid, so you will get more chatter than stock/sprung-hub clutches. I would say it is easier to drive than the stocker though.

centerforce

Established Member
Our Dual friction clutch is perfect for high performance street cars, and maintains about the same pedal pressure as the stock unit.

If you're planning to push over 650 ft/lbs or so, then our DYAD dual-plate is the way to go, and will still be a breeze to drive with daily!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread