What clutch for 96 cobra w/26 spline T45?

yfz162

88mph....serious shit!!!!
Established Member
Hey guys, what are you T45 guys running for a clutch set-up that have an upgraded 26 spline trans? My cobra puts down anywhere from 525-625 rwhp so the clutch needs to be pretty stout.

Thanks SVT!!

F8L BYT

Established Member
I'm running a custom one from Promotion Transmission. Call up Walt and talk to him about your setup and he will help ya out. Awesome guy to deal with. My clutch feels pretty light and I'm about the same power range as you

F8L BYT

Established Member
Hey guys, what are you T45 guys running for a clutch set-up that have an upgraded 26 spline trans? My cobra puts down anywhere from 525-625 rwhp so the clutch needs to be pretty stout.

Thanks SVT!!

Also what fluid are you using? GM synchromesh? Or Mecon III?

yfz162

Established Member
Also what fluid are you using? GM synchromesh? Or Mecon III?

Before having it built I ran the Mercon III. I will discuss this with Zak from the T45 Source to determine what fluid he recommends once it's back in the car. Why do you ask?

yfz162

Established Member
Thanks for the replies everyone. I have heard nothing but good things about the Mcleod set-up. I am hoping Zak gives me a clutch recommendation as well....

centerforce

Established Member
What type of driving do you plan on doing with your cobra? Our DYAD clutch will be able to hold that power level and more if you decide to upgrade further in the future. Its light pedal pressure makes it a perfect clutch for both street driving, and track use. If there's any other questions we can answer, feel free to send us a PM!

yfz162

Established Member
What type of driving do you plan on doing with your cobra? Our DYAD clutch will be able to hold that power level and more if you decide to upgrade further in the future. Its light pedal pressure makes it a perfect clutch for both street driving, and track use. If there's any other questions we can answer, feel free to send us a PM!

My cobra is only on the road in nice weather and will rarely see a track due to it being a convertible with no cage...... So, occasional street blasts or Mexico runs lol. I will take a look at the DYAD, thanks for the response!

F8L BYT

Established Member
Before having it built I ran the Mercon III. I will discuss this with Zak from the T45 Source to determine what fluid he recommends once it's back in the car. Why do you ask?

I'm just trying to figure out what is best to put in it now lol. Seems everyone has a different opinion.

blubyu90

Established Member
Like F8l BYT, I recommend Promotion also. Love my clutch from them. They have EXCELLENT customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread