What clutch/flywheel combo are you running?

marc813

Mach Won
Established Member
Looking at replacing my clutch and flywheel with the next few months. Looking for a clutch that will support at least 600+hp and torque. What combos are you running?

378wby

Established Member
Looking at replacing my clutch and flywheel with the next few months. Looking for a clutch that will support at least 600+hp and torque. What combos are you running?

I'm running a Mcleod RST with steel flywheel. Getting a clutch to hold the horsepower is easy......the weak link becomes the actual MT82.

alex12gt

Established Member
Im going to go with the exedy mach 600undecided if i will go with there fly wheel or stay stock since my new motor comes with a new one

marc813

Mach Won
Established Member
Im going to go with the exedy mach 600undecided if i will go with there fly wheel or stay stock since my new motor comes with a new one

does the exedy not require an aftermarket flywheel?

also why are you choosing the 600 vs the 500 stage 3?

Last edited:

alex12gt

Established Member
Doesnt require one but if im there might as well and choosing 600 because ill be push close to
700hp and dont want to do the mach 700 because im not a fan of puck clutches

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Ive heard alot of good things about going to the boss clutch and flywheel. Heard for the price they hold up pretty good.

-Thomas

cajuncreeper

Established Member
I'm running the Spec stage 3 with their billet flywheel. The first 500 miles were rough with the chatter, but now has smoothed out. For a racing application this is a great clutch, on the street it is okay. The clutch is either on or off, there is no in between. Takes a little while to get a feel for it but I like it now. One other thing is the pedal is lighter with this setup than with the stock.

D.T.R

Established Member
Just bought an RXT twin. Can I run stock flywheel with this clutch?

Users who are viewing this thread