What clutch do i need??

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
I have a hellion single 76mm precision billet / bb,stock motor t56 04 cobra...

i made 787hp/720tq at 20 psi

I need a clutch to hold more than what im making incase i want to up the boost one day. I cant see myself spending over 1000 bucks on a clutch because ill just go auto then.

What clutch should i get?
Can i get one to hold my power for under $1000?

I was looking at the spec 5 but i need some advise first...

thanks fellas

jay

SVTPete83

Established Member
McLeod rxt. Use it with your stock flywheel and you're well under 1000. The clutch has awesome holding power and the pedal is oh so light!

yfzkevin

Established Member
Yes I would get the RXT I have had 2 of them so far. One in the Cobra 800/820+ rwhp and the C6 Z06 600+ rwhp. They work great in both.

I have also had a stage 5 from spec. I both hate the clutch and the company. But for sure the clutch was loud and sqeaky and very on/off like.

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Well guys i want to go auto but im still up in the air about it right now.

The rxt looks like a good route but i have a buddy that claims they suck because they make so much noise. Hes says its hella loud.. What about yall? Is the rxt a loud clutch?

SVTPete83

Established Member
Loud. Lol. Mine is soft and quiet and grabs hard. Your friend prob didn't install his correctly.

Cobra8urZ06

Established Member
Well guys i want to go auto but im still up in the air about it right now.

The rxt looks like a good route but i have a buddy that claims they suck because they make so much noise. Hes says its hella loud.. What about yall? Is the rxt a loud clutch?

just go auto, find a 4r75 out of a truck and a good used manual valvebody and youll only be in it for a couple bucks after selling the t56, if installed properly the 75 will hold a decent amount of power- mine held right at 770ft/lbs through the auto with no problems and the trans was bone stock.

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
just go auto, find a 4r75 out of a truck and a good used manual valvebody and youll only be in it for a couple bucks after selling the t56, if installed properly the 75 will hold a decent amount of power- mine held right at 770ft/lbs through the auto with no problems and the trans was bone stock.

Holy SH......

I know the 75 means it will hold 750ft lbs but i figured it never would until it was built.

so your saying i can stick a stock 4r75w and a 3800 ish stall in my car and ill be good to go? Im only gonna run 20 psi right now until i get a motor on stand by. lol so i guess it will be around 700 or so wheel hp.

thanks for the heads up, ill look and see what i can find.

Cobra8urZ06

Established Member
Holy SH......

I know the 75 means it will hold 750ft lbs but i figured it never would until it was built.

so your saying i can stick a stock 4r75w and a 3800 ish stall in my car and ill be good to go? Im only gonna run 20 psi right now until i get a motor on stand by. lol so i guess it will be around 700 or so wheel hp.

thanks for the heads up, ill look and see what i can find.

yep, i got mine out of a low mileage truck and all i did was valve body and converter with a trans cooler and everything else was right from the factory, probably had 40-50 track runs and drove it everyday with no issues, drained the fluid and it was clear as can be never slipped or missed a beat.

Users who are viewing this thread