What changes do you think Ford will be making to the S550?

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
Probably nothing would be my guess til 2018 or so. Maybe a 5-10hp bump again if that. Remember, the Coyote just got refreshed this year, I just don't think Ford anticipated GM sticking an unmolested Corvette engine straight into the Camaro. Heck, I didn't either, I figured at least they'd tune it down 15-20HP from the C7. Stock for Stock the tables have turned for the next year or three.

01slowbra46

2014 GT Premium.
Established Member
The difference in torque is whats the killer. I guess the average consumer will decide what the better of the who cars is via overall sales.

thehunterooo

Established Member
There is a huge difference in price as well, an automatic 1SS will be almost $40,000 with no other options :eek:

I am guessing the Mustang will be getting more gears in the auto soon, power bump to 450~

Still want to see real world testing of the Camaro first, getting a 0-60 4.0 and 12.3 on stock tires every single time would be amazing. The C7 at $60k+ seems like a bad deal now...

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Who cares? who leaves these cars stock? Chevy needed to upgrade the old 6.2 it was a dog...the Camaro price tag jumps 3k in every tear they offer from the previous year model. but its a much better car then the previous model also.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I bet '17 or '18 sees the Coyote get a new block to 5.2 or 5.4. Also - I agree, option for option, there is going to be more than a few k separating the two cars.

01slowbra46

2014 GT Premium.
Established Member
Hell most camaro guys I know are disappointed in the looks of the new one. The S550 most defintely is a better looking car inside and out. Plus I can see the direct injection being a big factor in making big #s in the camaro. IMHO Ford has kept it smart not going direct injection on the 5.0.

saf1

Established Member
I doubt Ford will make any changes nor should they based on what GM released or may release in the future. I'm sure they had a pretty good idea of what was in the pipeline as they put forth the 2015/16 model line(s). Everyone has secrets but not like GM is Lockheed and their skunkworks, right?

2015's are out, 16's around the corner. GT350 & R are ready to go. Just announced the shelby echoboost. Then there is the twin turbo raptor in the works, next GT500, etc. To me it seems that Ford is looking at the bigger picture with regards to engine technology rather than engine size and displacement. GM and Dodge on the other hand feel otherwise. The little Coyote is holding its own rather well all things considered.

I won't get into looks because that is subjective but I will say that I just picked up a 2015 GT with the performance package and recaro seats. Probably one of the best looking and personally fitting Mustangs that I've owned or cared to owned in a long time. Solidly built, good power, handles well, and feels like it was born to run when I'm on the open roads. To be perfectly Frank, if the car had any more power or boost I probably wouldn't have purchased it because I couldn't use it and just get in trouble :(

Getting ready to make a long haul in it. Northern California to Vegas then over to LA and back to Northern Cali. It has already enjoyed a trip through Napa. The only thing I dislike is the front ride height. Everything else has been positive to include those who I have let drive it.

I think Ford did good and is in the drivers seat ahead of the game.

EDIT: Forgot to add that the Dodge fans can thank Ford for their Hellcat's. It wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the GT500 and its respected horse power and torque.

Last edited:

Branhammer

Established Member
I see a small power bump coming but also Ford could easily shave some weight. If Chevy keeps it up they are going to price themselves out of the market. I didn't buy a Challenger Scat Pack because it was $40k before tax. I would not by a Mustang that didn't have "Shelby" or "Cobra" anywhere on it for over $40k, and I'm damn sure not spending $40k on a base Camaro SS. An exhaust swap, tune and better tires will get me close enough to 2016 SS numbers in my S550 that cost almost $10k less.

thehunterooo

Established Member
I see a small power bump coming but also Ford could easily shave some weight. If Chevy keeps it up they are going to price themselves out of the market. I didn't buy a Challenger Scat Pack because it was $40k before tax. I would not by a Mustang that didn't have "Shelby" or "Cobra" anywhere on it for over $40k, and I'm damn sure not spending $40k on a base Camaro SS. An exhaust swap, tune and better tires will get me close enough to 2016 SS numbers in my S550 that cost almost $10k less.

I still want a Scat Pack bad but $40,000+ was a bit out of my range. An optionless 1SS with auto will be the same price as the Scat Pack auto I believe. I will take the lime green Scat Pack :D

Branhammer

Established Member
I still want a Scat Pack bad but $40,000+ was a bit out of my range. An optionless 1SS with auto will be the same price as the Scat Pack auto I believe. I will take the lime green Scat Pack :D

I agree. If I were spending $40k, I'd rather have the Scat Pack R/T just for the "big, dumb muscle car" factor. But for that price I might as well spend a little more and buy a GT350. I just think $40k+ is to much for a Mustang/Camaro/Challenger.

01slowbra46

2014 GT Premium.
Established Member
I agree. If I were spending $40k, I'd rather have the Scat Pack R/T just for the "big, dumb muscle car" factor. But for that price I might as well spend a little more and buy a GT350. I just think $40k+ is to much for a Mustang/Camaro/Challenger.

Unfortunately everything is increasing in price! I mean hell, and fully loaded 1/2 P/U is 60k now! ****ing outrageous. It hurt me buying my brand new premium 14 and all i paid was 31.5.

thehunterooo

Established Member

When I ordered my GT there as a scat pack that sold for $46,000 at the local dodge dealer, sticker was $40,000 I think. The hellcat hype!

The GT350 is such a good price just at $50k starting, in a few years I hope I can get a used one for the high 30's, though it will be interesting on how they depreciate.

Everything is getting so expensive though, a 1SS with an auto, MRC and another option or two will bring it up to the mid 40's D:

Rct851

Established Member
Does ford offer a tune for the 2015s yet that keeps your warranty? A solid tune alone is easy for ford to offer and closes the gap. And if they do I would expect the time to do awesome. It baffles me that aftermarket companies could offer a better tune than freaking ford.

We all know a few simple mods wakes this motor up but ford offering a warrantied package would be nice

Last edited:

Branhammer

Established Member
When I ordered my GT there as a scat pack that sold for $46,000 at the local dodge dealer, sticker was $40,000 I think. The hellcat hype!

The GT350 is such a good price just at $50k starting, in a few years I hope I can get a used one for the high 30's, though it will be interesting on how they depreciate.

Everything is getting so expensive though, a 1SS with an auto, MRC and another option or two will bring it up to the mid 40's D:
That's what has been going on around here. Dealer markups on Scat Packs. I got one dealer to agree to just selling it for MSRP, but that was the best anyone around the Salt Lake area would do.

Does ford offer a tune for the 2015s yet that reps your warranty. A solid tune alone is easy for fire to offer and closes the gap.

We all know a few simple mods wakes this motor up but ford offering a warrantied package would be nice
Ford keeps talking about this. I wish they'd hurry up and release the tune.

Users who are viewing this thread