What causes engine misfire?

mr 347

Established Member
I have a 2012 GT500, and I just had a brand new motor installed. I have noticed that when I really get on it the check engine light flashes, then goes off. I read that this is the cause of engine misfire. What could cause this? Thank you.

moncho

Established Member
If Ford installed that new engine, bring it back to them, let them know the engine light flickers @ times. They should be able to check it out. Any drivability issues when this occurs? May want to stay out of boost until they sort it out, don't want to replace the engine once again in case it's serious.

Good Luck!

mr 347

Established Member
I was getting a camshaft position sensor code when I first got it back. I should have added the car does have a custom tune on it since the new motor. thank you for the replies.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Make sure the balancee bolt has the washer installed. my car would randomly set misfire codes and record misfire events. It let the crank trigger wheel wobble setting all kinds of weird shit. Either ford missed this washer when they were building my engine or the prior owner missed it putting it back to stock.

Users who are viewing this thread