what catback would you reccomend?

ramstein

Established Member
Right now I have Magnaflow mufflers with the rest of exhaust being stock. I have been thinking about a brand new catback but still not sure which one(even after watching 100 videos on Google LOL) My choices are 1. Borla stingers (pricy)2. Magnaflow(will sound the same) 3. Bassani (really don't know much about this one).
Also want O/R x pipe but not sure which one to go with.
I'm looking for a loud throaty quality, yet want to be able to hear my blower whine. Possibly to gain a few horses. :beer:

346CamaroSS

Established Member
I would go with a new mid pipe before I swapped cat backs... It will sound like a totally different car once you do.

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
Unfortunately, you are going to get a million answers with this one as it is personal preference. You may find a few complain about the fitment of the pieces. PERSONALLY, I like the Bassani (I have) because it is all modular and in pieces, so you can make it fit well with lots of adjustments and the 4 inch tips don't hurt. I would recommend whatever you get, you pay a little more for stainless steel so you can polish it!

moot09

Established Member
Keep your Magnaflow and purchase another midpipe before you spend the cash on another catback. You can always swap out mufflers if you dont like the sound afterwards. I've loved my setup ever since I purchased my O/R X.

IMO, Magnaflow's sound best with a true X pipe, i.e UPR, Lethal's , etc. Not very loud either while cruising. Not so much at WOT though lol

Here is a short idle, small rev clip of my setup: UPR O/R X, Magnaflow CB
[youtube_browser]V7Wwwa3bBOM[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]FpPEL-iw-7w&feature[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I went with bassani high flo catted x-pipe and bassani cat back. no issues with passing smog, and no drone and I can hear my SC whine 99% of the time

bbk03gt24

Established Member
i say borla. after 2 months of looking, i finally decided on the borla stingers. 2 me nothing sounds as good except for the Mac 3" catback and Mac currently has all of their products on backorder and the 3"s fit is horrible.

nlterminator

Mello Yellow
Established Member
Keep your Magnaflow and purchase another midpipe before you spend the cash on another catback. You can always swap out mufflers if you dont like the sound afterwards. I've loved my setup ever since I purchased my O/R X.

IMO, Magnaflow's sound best with a true X pipe, i.e UPR, Lethal's , etc. Not very loud either while cruising. Not so much at WOT though lol

[youtube_browser]V7Wwwa3bBOM[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]FpPEL-iw-7w&feature[/youtube_browser]

^^ that sounds kick a$$. I have a Magnaflow CB but want a little more mean, so I think I may pick up a UPR o/r X

ScottsdaleSnake

Silver Bullet
Established Member

+1 I got the same setup and believe me, these vids don't this combo justice...the Magna CB and UPR O/R X combo is amazing...wayyyyyy better than stingers as it actually has a nice tone compared to stingers...Keep your Magna CB, get a UPR O/R X (very cheap) and thank us later...haha When I was looking for a good exhaust combo, I came across the following vid on youtube, which sealed the deal for me...check it out: [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05HqzVFJ5fk"]YouTube - ‪2003 Cobra Exhaust. UPR o/r X, MagnaFlow Catback‬‏[/nomedia]

cobracide

Established Member
You have to go with Borla. The idle and low end sound is superior. Had Bassani-x and Magnaflow CB on a 2001. Pretty tame setup at idle. It will ramp up nice when you floor it though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread