What car would you get if you could

supachargd2k5

Established Member
Alright I'm going to be getting rid of my f150 here in the next 6 months probably and i have had a truck for the last couple of years and wanting something different. I thought about getting back into a mustang but i want something practical for everyday driving thats an automatic. What would you guys prefer that is both fun and nice under 45k? Thanks in advance

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
I'd get a SRT-8 Dodge Charger for an automatic fun car under 45k.

supachargd2k5

Established Member
yea those cars would be fun. I was also looking art the Jeep Cherokee SRT 8, i hear those things are sweet! Also this is going to be my daily driver.

jfsram

Established Member
Traveler is right. I know more than a few Mustang guys who have bought some version of Chrysler's LX car because of the 4 doors and space inside.

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
The worse thing about those cars is going to be the gas mileage. They aren't that gas pump-friendly and require premium unleaded. Even the Pontiac with the auto probably isn't going to be much better. Unless you need a backseat, you might should consider a Mustang GT automatic while contemplating. Less weight, good power and 87 regular all day long. If the gas isn't a problem and you want room, I'd definitely add the Charger 6.1L to your "to test drive" list.

supachargd2k5

Established Member
Yeah i hadnt really thought about the running premium thing yet. Im used to 12-13 mpg all day long in my truck so gas isnt too much of a quesiton but it might be nice to save a little on something else. I think i need to test drive one and see what i would be missing. I really do like the looks of the gts with some aftermarket. Has anybody had any luck with tahoes, g35's or the new lexus is series? Those are a few more im thinking about.

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
my srt-8 got 18mpg city and 22 highway. much better than the MDS hemi. BUT.................... the Nag 1 is the worst shifting tranny ever. that thing was never in the gear i wanted, it always wanted to shift before 2000 rpm. i flashed it nothing changed, and downshifts took forever. fortunatley last time i went to class they said that that tranny was going bye bye. i traded it in on an Evo for just that one problem.

dsrtdukone

Hurts when I pee
Established Member
+1 on the Jeep, or a TBSS if you feel like buying a new tranny on top of the price of the car.

Even with a built tranny, you'll save about 8 grand. Of course you'll give up some of the performance with the TBSS, but you can spend those 8 g's on something for the Trailblazer to haul around (read: The TBSS has a decent towing capacity.)

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
Yeah i hadnt really thought about the running premium thing yet. Im used to 12-13 mpg all day long in my truck so gas isnt too much of a quesiton but it might be nice to save a little on something else. I think i need to test drive one and see what i would be missing. I really do like the looks of the gts with some aftermarket. Has anybody had any luck with tahoes, g35's or the new lexus is series? Those are a few more im thinking about.

test drive a goat- you will be really suprised. even the autos get decent highway mileage, and the M6's get better then my v6! and the seats are sooo comfortable

supachargd2k5

Established Member
Yeah i might look into the GTOs, i really want to test drive a new Mustang. I know they arent anything compared to what the Termis are but for a DD with the a few mods, i think it could be fun. The only thing with getting car like that is not being able to haul around anybody if i need to, im usually the guy driving everyone.

CO9B3RA

Established Member
An '86 SVO Mustang, mine will soon have T-tops, has just about the best of everything: no slaggert at getting off the start line, king of a road course in stock condition and GOOD gas milage!

rd04svt

Established Member
Check out the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. The wife and I test drove one a couple weeks ago and liked it. Top contender for next vehicle.

Rochard

Established Member
My dream car is a 1970 Ferrari Daytona. However, I don't think I own such a car. I pamper my car as it is, and having a real collectable car wouldn't make my life easier.

I've always wanted a Jeep. I believe someone mentioned the Jeep SRT above. That would be cool. I've also been thinking about a Range Rover to replace my Ford Explorer, or perhaps a Lighting.

An older Mustang or two or three would be cool.

A4BLK98SS

Established Member
I'd take a long hard look at a BMW 335i coupe or sedan. Mid 13's off of the showroom floor with plenty of room for more with minor mods. They are also very comfortable and get very descent gas mileage.

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
You know, an Infiniti G35 sedan might be a good choice...or maybe a FX45 for a V8 and more room. I'm not much into import cars, but the Infinitis have a bit more of my attention than other makes.

Users who are viewing this thread