What car should I buy? Im torn.

SicShelby09

Banned
So I changed jobs, and am now able to get what I want.....to a point. So here are the options I came up with. All are around the $45k price point.

Completely loaded 13 GT. Every option you can get $44k.
2013 Boss 302 with Recaros $45k
2012 base GT500, with no options at all $49K
2012 Corvette C6 base with no options $49K

All prices are MSRP. The GT has about a $2400 markup. The Boss is about $3300. The GT500 is about $4k markup and the C6 is about $4500 over invoice to sticker.

Im completely lost. Any of these cars would be an upgrade from my 11CS. I am not into my white color choice anymore, plus I miss that brembo pkg dearly. So that GT would be ordered with the color and options I want, sparing NO expense. But then you literally have a $44k mustang GT. But it will be completely loaded Grabber blue with electronics, backup cam, track pack, glass roof and recaros. This will be one fine car, but man for that money, its in the boss range.

The boss would be nice(GB again), but then I loose my nav and leather and nice gauges. And its back to the base radio. But atleast it has sync. And the only option I would get are the cloth recaros. So this car will be plain on the inside, but will be a much cooler boss on the outside and in the powertrain. Resale is going to rock too.

The GT500 would be kickass, but here I go again settling for the last iteration(2012) so I can afford one before the new and improved one(2013) comes out. Not to mention, with X plan pricing, it would have to be a base car with no options to get to that price point. Also I had a dealer do a locate today, and the only ones within 300 miles of my location are white/grabber blue stripes. Here we go with white again.

And for the Black sheep of the group, the C6. Well I had an LS2 C6 and stock it was a dog. But the LS3 has a lot more potential with some light mods. And for colors they have a few I like. Plus they make a ton of these cars, and my local store shouldnt have to order one to find what I want. To me this is almost a last resort if all my previous options dont work out. But with this car, I would be compelled to add the blower setup again like I had on my last one, and the wife wont let that happen. So Im torn. They all have their bad points, but would be a big upgrade in my eyes from what I have.

The last option would be the most cost effective. Slap a blower on mine and call it a day. Maybe buy the brembo brakes aftermarket and do some expensive wheels. I change my mind by the hour on this. Im heading to Ford on monday to have them appraise my car, and at that point Im sure I will have to decide what I want to do.

Any opinions? Sorry for the novel.

Last edited:

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
id just keep yours and put a blower, wheels/tires, and brembo's on it.

For around 10 grand, you can have a car that will not only look good, but preform better.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
You forgot the biggest player, The 662hp 630 ft lbs of torque 2013 gt-500 for $54k, with your trade in its an irresistible possibility!!!

Last edited:

SicShelby09

Banned
You forgot the biggest player, The 662hp 630 ft lbs of torque 2013 gt-500 for $54k, with your trade in is an irresistible possibility!!!

Yeah but I will be lucky to get what I owe now. So on this car Im going to need to put money down to offset the negative. And I didnt want to spend $55k on a car, plus the add to the price that I am seeing. That 2013 GT500 is what started me on this path. Then I found out real quick that Im going to need to go cheaper for a car. The 13 GT500 is out of the question.

nickf2005

Established Member
Low mileage 2011 Shelby GT500? Still a few years on the warranty (powertrain) and basically the same as a '12. You can find those in your budget all day long.

mcduffer7

Established Member
I think you'd be happiest with the fully loaded 2013. Have them throw the Ford Racing supercharger on before delivery and you'll be all smiles, have the car, options, color, etc that you want.

o2gt

Established Member
i would get the boss such a sweet car. I would think that you could get the corvette much cheaper than that. check out the section on corvette forum were dealers advertise cars. do the brembos really make the car that much different?

SicShelby09

Banned
i would get the boss such a sweet car. I would think that you could get the corvette much cheaper than that. check out the section on corvette forum were dealers advertise cars. do the brembos really make the car that much different?

The whole brembo pkg does. The brakes are the cherry on top. The handling is what I really miss. The brembo car I had was super stable and didnt wallow around corners like my current. Even with FRPP K springs, its still not a capable as the brembo car I had.

The Boss is very tempting. Plus I can justify spending $45k on it all day long. The GT is also attractive, but again that price for it is hard to swallow. Im not too worried about the resale, but there is no denying the boss will be much better.

And yeah I thought about a used 11GT500. But the rates will be higher, and so will the payments compared to a brandnew 12. There are actually new 11GT500s out there too. One local to me, its still new but fully loaded. $57k sticker I think. Other downside is its black. No black. Im a clean freak and those black cars are a nightmare to keep nice. You have to buff at every wash. Thats what scares me about the 13s. That rear blackout panel is gloss black.....not nice especially in that spot. Thats where the dust and road grime stays.

The Boss is at the top of my list behind the 12 GT500 and the loaded GT.

ViciousJay

Established Member
The whole brembo pkg does. The brakes are the cherry on top. The handling is what I really miss. The brembo car I had was super stable and didnt wallow around corners like my current. Even with FRPP K springs, its still not a capable as the brembo car I had.

The Boss is very tempting. Plus I can justify spending $45k on it all day long. The GT is also attractive, but again that price for it is hard to swallow. Im not too worried about the resale, but there is no denying the boss will be much better.

And yeah I thought about a used 11GT500. But the rates will be higher, and so will the payments compared to a brandnew 12. There are actually new 11GT500s out there too. One local to me, its still new but fully loaded. $57k sticker I think. Other downside is its black. No black. Im a clean freak and those black cars are a nightmare to keep nice. You have to buff at every wash. Thats what scares me about the 13s. That rear blackout panel is gloss black.....not nice especially in that spot. Thats where the dust and road grime stays.

Honestly man find the same package as me, I k ow you not be disappointed

o2gt

Established Member

which car do you like more the 5.0 or your old gt500. I'm always interested to hear form people who have had both. don't forget about xplan for the gt. i just ordered one and i can't wait.

SicShelby09

Banned
which car do you like more the 5.0 or your old gt500. I'm always interested to hear form people who have had both. don't forget about xplan for the gt. i just ordered one and i can't wait.

I like the 11GT more than the 09GT500. But I would rather have the total package and thats the 11-12 GT500. It has the looks of the GT and the powertrain of the GT500.

acrbill

Established Member
I would steer clear of the Vette. The C7 is coming out shortly and the value of the c6 could very well drop off the face of the earth.

Isn't Invoice on the 2013 gt500 around $49k? Maybe wait awhile and see if you can find a deal later in the year.

acrbill

Established Member
I got the track pack, brembo, and recaro package on the base 300a. Just to let you know the track PAC now gives you the suspension not the brembo kit. Honestly mn look into a 13

Seriously? I did the build on Ford.com and I thought I saw that the track pack came with Brembo brakes.

SicShelby09

Banned
Seriously? I did the build on Ford.com and I thought I saw that the track pack came with Brembo brakes.

It does. But what I think Jay was saying is that you dont get the rest of the brembo package like you used to anymore, unless you get the track pack.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
im slapping a TVS on mine and calling it a day for now. when i get back ill mess with a few other upgrades. I really wafted back and forth on the whole '11,'12 or '13 GT500 and for the payments i pay now ill just mess with this one. itll be a blast and i think ill be pretty happy for a while with over 500 ponies. Later down the road ill get a '13 GT500. I dont want a 500 or more a month payment. I thought about getting the '13 when i get back in '14. even if i put 15k down on the car and the car was 45k i would be looking at an increase in payment. im tired of paying other assholes and not paying myself...

Users who are viewing this thread