What Car for My Girlfriend's Dad?

03LGCOBRA

Established Member
I know it’s a weird topic, but I have to tell the story and ask what you guys think. So he has a 2001 Ferrari 360 Spyder that he has spent more money fixing than what it cost him to buy. No joke. He has already had the engine rebuilt after it blew up on Highway 1. He does drive it hard, and drives it a lot. So he has had it back for about a month and a half, since the rebuilt, he drove it up to Tahoe last night, came home this morning. Took my girlfriend out to breakfast today, is on highway 9 and the car dies, antifreeze everywhere, smoke from the rear, the whole 9 yards. The car is dead for good. We are all going to see a movie tonight and I know that he is gonna want to talk to me about what he should get, he knows that I am a car nut and would be able to find something. So my question is what do you think should be the replacement for his Ferrari. He already has a Jaguar XKR, so is not to hot on the idea of an Aston Martin, he thinks they are too similar. Plus it can't be some crazy car like a Lambo or even a Ford GT cause he wouldn't be able to drive that everyday and keep on mind that he drives cars hard. My thought is an Aston Martin DB9 Volante; they are different enough from the Jags than the old ones were. If not that than maybe a Porsche Turbo Cab, or even the new C4S. I would like to see him get the DB9. What do you think should replace the Ferrari?

Thrust

Established Member
The new Z06, But he would probably think of that as a downgrade. Possibly a bmw m6. What exactly is the price range that he is shopping in?

shocker 420

Established Member
what about a new ferrari 360 modena challenge stradale? Those are sweet, or a ford GT, lamborghini gallardo, viper, C6 Z06, mercedes SL600...

Way does he drive it a lot?? Cause he can, and likes it, Im guessing?! If he doing that he should just get a rolls royce.

Fdawg97lx

Established Member
I vote for a 911 turbo. does he need it right away? if not wait for the 997 turbo to hit the market.

Frank

inteller

Established Member
uh, Ford GT? they are meant to be driven hard.....so I wouldnt say he shouldnt get one.

DocHolliday01

Established Member
shocker 420 said:
what about a new ferrari 360 modena challenge stradale? Those are sweet, or a ford GT, lamborghini gallardo, viper, C6 Z06, mercedes SL600...

Way does he drive it a lot?? Cause he can, and likes it, Im guessing?! If he doing that he should just get a rolls royce.

he said no lambo or GT.

DocHolliday01

Established Member
not trying to knock his misfortune, but its nice to hear about exotics being like this. i hate it when people think just because it costs such and such amount means it will never have problems. he is obvisously not this way because he actually drvies the car the way it should be driven, but lots of people have that mentality. i like the m5 or m6 as well as the AMG cars. or how about a GT2 911??

Last edited:

Satyr

Established Member
What's that new porsche...errr, the gt? I think thats what it is..those are quick.

Or a Z06...or, my personal favorite, a new viper!!! yay!!!

Or a skyline blackbird...

Okay, here it is, the best idea yet..fastest street car that is reasonably priced..The 2000 Camaro ZL1. Runs 10's off the showroom floor, and can definitely handle his driving.

Users who are viewing this thread